Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: bareback or not...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: bareback or not...

Having read many of Latin's posts over the years, I do not share the view that he is "choosing" to portray himself as a cyber villain, provocateur or satirist; my belief is that he expresses his views sincerely. As indeed he should. The fact is that most of us who have spent time in Thailand like the guys we meet, or have met, on the scene; this isn't "heroism", this too is sincere. And if we enjoy their company, whether it be for an hour of sanuk or for years, it is reasonable for us to be offended when guys like them are vilified.

An anecdote which reports unkindness , or worse, encourages us to put our loved ones, or friendly acquaintances, in their places and perhaps view the scene through their eyes.

Jonathon Swift's "Modest Proposal" which recommends the eating of Irish children to mitigate the effects of the famine has a powerful and disturbing message for humanity; he later speaks of "savage indignation" and how it "lacerates" his heart. I do not recall a single moment in Latin's postings which aims to encourage decency in our dealings with these guys. He means what he says, no more and no less.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 29th, 2020), snotface (August 28th, 2020)