Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: First time traveler to Thailand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: First time traveler to Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I assume this is directed at me. You are wrong on all accounts. I'm not boasting how much/little I pay. I'm not squeezing*. They are not desperate (I have seen boys squander money many times - they are not desperate, they are poor in managing money!

The problem is not how much they earn, but how much and for what they spend their money. Give a Thai boy 1000 THB and he will spend 1000 THB, give him 1500 and he will spend 1500, give him 2000 and he will spend 2000. I can't influence how they spend the money, but I can make sure it's not my money they are squandering.**

All I wanted to say that in the range 1000 - 2000THB for short time given in an another post is to be taken as (realistic) - (overly generous). Telling a first-timer to offer 1000 - 2000 THB for short time is misleading.

*Well, sometimes, rarely, for research purposes, if a boy messages me repeatedly and I had him before and was not fully happy, I get him down to 500 THB because first encounter was 1000 THB and was not worth 1000 THB.

**In most cases. A boy who went with me for free several times recently asked for 1200 THB. I didn't question what he needs the money for, and a day later he told me went to Mahanakorn. That's not what I would call an urgency or a necessity. But he is such a lovely person, even if he had told me he wants to go to Mahanakorn, I would have given him the money.
    At least the boy told you the truth that he needs the money to visit Mahanakorn and didn't tell some false tragic story.
    Yes I agree with you I am always amazed how quickly the boys can spend their money on nuncense things .easy come easy go...

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (April 7th, 2020)