Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Yeah Keeny funnily I've just awoken this morning with the ( very bloody obvious) idea of perhaps I'll call the airline and see will they allow me to swap me flight to Japan straight on into Bkk just and so drop the whole Japan part of the trip and just head straight on to Thailand for an extended period. I see A447 friends appear to have been spot on re Japans numbers just being the tip of the iceberg and that there are perhaps MANY unreported cases there and their reported cases are dramatically lower that have been reported todate. If that's correct that then increases the risk even further and makes getting into Thailand after wards ( never mind not actually picking up anything myself !) quite a bit more risky perhaps!

So, once I have my coffee and I get my brain in gear I think I'll look at a few quick reroute options and even if the airline dont play ball for the £100 or so to cancel i'll just cancel that entire ticket and rebook ( elsewhere) then perhaps. We'll see.

've been in regular communication with a business supplier that I use a lot in China re orders I'm trying to ensure ARE actually getting dispatched on time and it's just scary to hear their take on things there compared to what we are being told (?) here.

They come from an area just two small provinces away from Wuhan ( about a 10 hour drive) and she tells me that "no problem, most factories are all nearly back to normal now and in fact in her whole province there is apparently only ONE case of infection left" !! Just ONE !!

She also believes their Government have been great with them in protecting them and have been very open and transparent with them about the "few" cases that there were there, however she's aware that the real problem may lie in Italy as it has huge numbers of cases but she isn't aware quite why that might be ( Diamond Princess Cruise ship says I maybe but no she'd no idea about that ?) and she wonders and it's being suggested that perhaps the virus ACTUALLY start in Italy just and that's why China's numbers are so low but Europe's numbers are MUCH higher ! ( from what she's been told).

Quite crazy when you see how Governments manipulate the media to tell us all what they want us to think and I would of course include ALL of OUR Governments in there too of course ! The one thing she did agree one is that I would be CRAZY to go to Japan just now as they too have much bigger problems than are being reported !! So it seems that message, rightly or wrongly, is spreading around the world now too.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Kenny (March 6th, 2020)