Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: The Good Old Days

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

The Good Old Days

Whilst reading the Thai press, from a wet and windy East Sussex, I slipped into a series of daydreams, recalling the 'good' old days of Pattaya and Bangkok, and by 'old days' I mean (from my point of view) 1993 - 2000, although I have been visiting Pattaya and Bangkok every year since 1993.

What vivid memories of people/clubs/go-go bars/ incidents etc., have you to share?

Let me start the ball rolling:

1. Ian, owner of Le Cafe Royale, shouting "FISH!!!!!", every time a female walked from the street into the bar. He was always asking the waiters, adorned in their pink shirts and white shorts, what colour underwear they were wearing when they passed him. "What colour, darlin'?" They all responded, of course.

2. The Yaba wars (as I call them) centred around Sunee Plaza, with sudden outbreaks of gang warfare. Boys in the clubs and beer bars would suddenly become very animated, run to the doors and look up the street, along which thundered a gang teenage boys armed with sticks and clubs, hell-bent on hunting down the enemy!

3. The chubby lad in Throb, (now Copa), who would pull a few cartwheels out of the bag and stun the audience!

4. The Aquarius Guest House in Bangkok and Kuhn Witchai the owner.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (December 11th, 2019), Jellybean (December 12th, 2019), Oliver2 (December 11th, 2019)