An interesting week in Boyztown which we left on Friday with some unanswered questions.

1) What's happening at Panorama? It has been shuttered for a few days and appears to be undergoing some renovations. Will it be Panorama when it reopens?

2) Toyboys has ben closed all week. For good?

3) What on earth is happening at Le Cafe Royal? It seems to have installed some infernal, gigantic sub-woofer/bass units which penetrate walls, floors and ceilings. At about 0300 on Saturday morning, I tried to discover what was going on, apart from an asymmetric thump-thumpity-thump which had seemingly no relationship with the almost inaudible music: and secondly, who was responsible for the persistent screaming and shrieking. Ladies or ladyboys? I couldn't discover. There seemed to be few people enjoying this entertainment but those I saw appeared to be young Thais of different sexuaities. I'm really not sure. Has anyone experienced this audial and visual feast at close quarters?

I'd be interested to know but not bothered that much since P and I have decided to stop staying in Boyztown (in my case after twenty years) and have found a gay-friendly hotel in Jomtien Complex. A quiet one. I'm sad to say goodbye to Ambiance; its Penthouse rooms are particularly good and competitively priced, as are Copa's opposite.