Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bangkok/Pattaya in August for newbie

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked: 1

Bangkok/Pattaya in August for newbie

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I just lurked around for a couple weeks and read many posts and different things about this...world let's say. Obviously, being Asia something I've always wanted and was always gonna try sooner or later, reading a lot of your trip reports made me really curious about my joint need for a culture shock and silky smooth smiling asian guys, and since I was in the usual time where it's needed to choose where to go on holiday in august, I might have decided to give it a go.
    Now tho, there are some questions/drawbacks and I wondered if you could help me with them:
    - In august I'd be on my own, unfortunately compatibiliy issues with pre-fixed paid leaves, family, money and so on will prevent any chance of going with some interested friends until like Jan-Feb, so first problem is: Should this stop me? Should I wait jan-feb, go with at least one friend and enjoy high season? Is it possibily dangerous (if you're white, tall and lanky) or boring or just not suggested for first timers? Did you go with someone else the first time there?
    - August is full rainy season, but somehow i read that it's not a big deal as it might appear? Is it true? I also read that BKK and Pattaya are quite different in this regard and it might be better to choose the latter.
    - Next of course is a very debated thing: BKK vs Pattaya. I read all sorts of stuff, and I have to say I'd probably be more comfortable in pattaya given a few things that i don't even know if true or not (more twink oriented, cheaper, more long off oriented), so please enlighten me. Also of course this coupled with the possibly rainier weather makes Pattaya a clear winner by miles, but still, curious to see if there might be an argument for BKK. I wanted to give BKK 4 days in the 15 days trip but not sure if worth it none, less or more.
    - I am kinda fairly young, not young by gay standards but mid 30s, so I don't know how I'd be perceived hitting a gogo bar on my own, would it be normal or odd? Is it possible to make friends there?
    - My preference goes to young lean twinks around 20 to 25, where would you suggest me to go?
    - Is Jomtien beach a good place during the day to be chilling about and get some tan? Can you meet guys even there?
    - A weird question about water: I mean i understand about food you gotta be careful obviously but do i really need to brush my teeth with bottled water and keep my mouth shut during a shower?
    Well I probably dont remember everything i wanted to ask and i'm sure some more questions will come up and ill post them in future replies, but for now thanks a lot to any reply/help you guys want to give me and sorry for the long post and possibly overlapping things.

2. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 4th, 2019)