A bit of a long shot I know but a myself and 3 other gay friends are flying to Tenerife in Mod January for a long weekend break birthday celebration, we've flights booked into the South Airport but nothing else at present and know zero about Tenerife ( aside from the rough gist of the feel of the place ie it's like Gran Canaria etc but a bit quieter just).

So, just wondering of any one might have any tips or suggestions as to the best area to stay and or any accommodation suggestions ? I'm torn between renting a nice Villa somewhere or just doing the hotel bang in the centre of the party town thing ( which I think will win as the Villa's all seem to be quite a few miles out of town?) So, currently it's looking like somewhere around the Los Christianos / Playa de las Americas area ?

Oh and anyone giving it the "what, why there, don't it's shit etc" dont bother, flights are already booked and the location was based on us maybe getting some sun and also being close enough for us all ( as we're coming from different EU cities) from home so we could all nip there for a long weekend re getting time away from work wise for everyone just.

So, anyone any thoughts or suggestions perhaps all appreciated ?