Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: More worries for Boyztown bar-owners

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: More worries for Boyztown bar-owners

Whether the sois are one-way, two-way, or they install a roundabout, the impression we are getting from recent reports is that BT is heading down the Suwannee (how curiously Thai the name of that American river looks/sounds)

When large numbers of customers are openly boasting of using Apps to secure their fun (and you can't blame them for trying to avoid expensive off fees, poor selection of boys, and ever higher drinks prices), and the would-be providers of the fun are increasingly using the same technology, business owners surely cannot survive on 2 "busy" months a year - which is what BT seems to be reduced to.

You can argue over the running order but it boils down to: the fewer the customers, the fewer the boys, and the fewer the venues. It used to be the case that many of the bars were vanity projects for expats with very deep pockets but I think that's no longer true (at least to the same extent) and when the bars aren't making money these days, they close.

Going by the reports on the forums, only BoyzBoyzBoyz seems to be regularly busy but their overheads must be enormous, so who knows whether it makes a fortune, breaks even, or struggles. Other venues which have not succumbed already seem to be on life support.

Frankly, I read very little in the current reports that would ever tempt me back. (MiniMee enters from stage right)

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

paborn (June 12th, 2018), poshglasgow (June 13th, 2018), Smiles (June 12th, 2018)