Quote Originally Posted by Davey612 View Post
I disagree with Kertom. Truvada is ok only if you KNOW you are HIV-. You can't assume you are - because of some test you did in the past. You have to know you are HIV- at the moment you start the program and that is only possible if you run both the antibodies and RNA test. I also disagree with his view about the effect on kidneys. Each individual is different. You have to have a benchmark as to your kidney functions. Here in the US, PrEP is covered by most health insurance policies. Trust me, they would be more than happy to save money by not doing all the tests if they didn't need to.
I see what you are saying and it all seems valid on paper.
However, one does not need a test to know you are hiv neg, if someone took a test last year and did not have anal sex or shared needles, you are hiv neg. Being hiv neg is important, however what do you think that the expected outcome is if you are not? Because of the way hiv operates chances of building resistance is really low compared to a bacteria. Your gp NEVER does extensive testing when perscribing a first line antibiotic.
Because of the image of hiv the health industry is super duper conservative in anything that has to do with it, this image is an old cow they can milk for money.

About kidneys, many OTC meds can decrease your kidney function long term. Usually this is noticed after the first symptoms appear, people stop and regain their health. Prep studies show only minor effects and hence the same thing can be said for prep.

Think about the people who don’t like to see doctors, making them go for testing will end up in them just not going and not getting prep. In the fight against the virus that is worse.

Someone named Silom Pulse. That one is about 4000 baht (testing+ first time prep), after that more testing and follow up and they sell Teno EM for more money than Chula Bhesaj. I have it on rumors they but their Teno EM at CB and then sell it for more money. In my opinion Silom Pulse is expensive and unnecessary.