Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Toy Boys

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Toy Boys

I don't go to Boyztown very often these days but was passing last night and went for a drink at Panorama. It was about 8.30 and not much activity in the main soi. Boys sauntered into BBB sporadically, making their wais to the guy at the outside desk, who looked very bored. I got a smile and wai from the mamasan at Cupidol, whom some detest but has always given me pretty accurate information. No customers at all at the Serene tables, just a few waiters chatting with occasional shrieks thrown in. My plan after a leisurely drink was to visit Toy Boys, which I've always liked, but first I took a stroll to check out Kawai Bar in the third soi (I know, technically the first soi). I poked my head in at the door and saw six boys foot-shuffling listlessly before a single customer, none of them of any appeal, so I left (always feel a bit embarrassed doing that but it's preferable to wasting money on an unwanted drink). I peered in the open door at Dream Boys from the soi. It looked a bit more promising but I dithered and then walked away when a doorman arrived and pestered me loudly to enter (nearly always counter-productive with me).

I circled back round to the main soi and went into Toy Boys at about 9.15. Only about ten boys there but I know from experience that the bar doesn't really get going until about 10. Sure enough, boys arrived in dribs and drabs and by 10.00 I would estimate that there were between 30 and 40. Customers were entering too and a party of about eight young Asians meant that most of the seating was taken by 10.00. I don't know how this bar bucks the general downward trend in Boyztown, but it certainly does and for quite a few years now. It's always been a well-disciplined bar, which puts customers at their ease. Part of its success must also be the preponderance of boy-next-door twink types who appeal to many gays - not usually many stunners, but not many duds either. The few more butch types tend to hang around outside and only make occasional appearances, usually as a preening mob when a female customer arrives (fortunately that didn't happen last night). It was quite amusing when a mid-twenties handsome customer entered and immediately attracted a bunch of oh-so-excited, heart-fluttering boys, all eagerly signalling me, me, me. He was from Singapore according to the long-serving mamasan and looked a bit embarrassed by all the attention. I didn't see him call anyone over.

I wasn't feeling particularly in the mood to off anyone; it was more of a reconnaissance mission. I nearly called one guy over for a drink but didn't. Oh, how I um and ah in bars. The sexiest guy by far was present when I arrived. He's Cambodian and I remembered taking him off a couple of times about a year or more ago. First time he bottomed with some reluctance after saying it was no problem in the bar. Second time he made more of a fuss and requested more money. It was clear to me that customer service was not a high priority of his and I resolved not to take him off again. He said something about being taken soon to be a high-roller in Dubai. Good luck with that, I thought. And now here he was, still working in the bar. I could see he remembered me and he came over to sit at an angle, trying to catch my eye. After I had studiously avoided eye contact for a minute or two, he pranced off in a mini-huff. Most of us who frequent the Thai sex scene make fools of ourselves with boys from time to time (I'm certainly not immune), but in my experience if a boy has a bad attitude then, even if he is sexy fit to die for, he will find it hard to acquire a generous long-term benefactor, which is what most of the bar boys hope for.

I paid up at about 10.30. 220B for my soda water. I didn't find out the current off rate, probably 400B. As I left, the Singapore guy was still sitting there with his embarrassed smile, eyed by a diminishing group of admirers, and outside the sexy Cambodian was sitting with his back to me chatting with a bunch of the hunkier guys. Off I went back to my condo in Jomtien, alone but not dismayed.

2. 13 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 16th, 2018), Asia Traveler (May 16th, 2018), aussie_ (May 16th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (May 16th, 2018), christianpfc (May 16th, 2018), dab69 (May 16th, 2018), GWMinUS (May 17th, 2018), neddy3 (May 16th, 2018), paborn (May 17th, 2018), Robby (May 17th, 2018), scottish-guy (May 16th, 2018), splinter1949 (May 17th, 2018), Tintin (May 17th, 2018)