Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
I can't see how a Canadian overstayng his visa in a nondescript eastern Thai city can piss anyone off.

It didn't. People aren't stupid, so quite obviously everyone in my area knew I wasn't there legally. Nobody cared though, because they knew I was a good guy, and the only thing they cared about was that I spent money at their shops / stalls.

The police didn't even care, especially the ones in Nong Khai as they were great.

The person who does care though is that dickhead xeneophobic general who decided to seize power in a military coup in May 2014 because he thought he'd like to be prime minister, and has since refused to hold elections. It's his government that implemented these blacklisting laws in 2016.

Even so, that's now all over and no longer matters. Now everything hinges on some retarded regulation that Canada won't process a passport application if your existing passport has more than 12 months of validity. I'm totally bewildered by this.

Call me crazy, but that fucken regulation doesn't seem like a very good reason to let my dogs die, and destroy mine and Leo's lives and futures.