Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Restaurants near BT and Sunee

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Restaurants near BT and Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    I mostly eat Thai food even on the Pattaya leg of our Thailand visit (and even after the Issan rice, rice and rice) ... "
    Isaan ain't the only area where Rice Rules.
    We once stopped at a charming little Hotel in Lol Buri [edit: Lopburi] for the night, having seen just about enough bloody monkeys for a life time. For a place which was immaculately clean, a large room, a swimming pool and breakfast included for 400 baht I thought some sort of jackpot had been breached!
    Had a nice walk down a river, an excellent dinner across the road in a funky little restaurant, a little bit of spanking the monkey here and there (the bedroom was a great for such nonsense... one could move about with acrobatic ease) before hitting the hay.

Next morning a large room off to the right contained the breakfast buffet and we headed for the table in the middle of the room upon which was displayed five or six gleeming covered pots ... the kind which open upwards and which I love opening them slowly in order to be greeted with the delish inside, loving surprises.

~ First cover opened: steamed rice. OK that's cool, a normal Thai side dish to accompany the Full Monty.
    ~ Second cover opened: fried rice. OK I like fried rice, every so often. I especially enjoy fried chicken mixed in. In this one, just rice.
    ~ Third cover opened: rice soup. OK I do like rice soup when it has numerous vegetables and some pork ribs swimming. But this version was rice in hot water.
    ~ Forth cover opened: little individual plastic bags of sticky rice. This one was new to me as normally sticky rice is accompanied by Som Tum or BBQ'ed chicken drum sticks. And includes a few different types of sauces. Here ... nada.
    ~ Fifth and final cover opened: steamed rice. We had come full circle ... I felt like I was in Ulysses with James Joyce being the chef.

There was, to be honest, a tiny cheap toaster sitting beside a coffee machine dripping luke warm coffee.
    I ended up having coffee and fried rice on toast.
    Last edited by christianpfc; December 12th, 2017 at 19:18. Reason: spelling
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 5th, 2017), joe552 (December 5th, 2017), snotface (December 5th, 2017)