Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
You guys just think it's a crazy idea, because I'm the one who came up with it. If Smiles, Dodger, or bob posted about it you'd probably all say, "oh yeah, that is actually a good idea". I'm Canadian so have been camping tons in my life, and will ensure I'm setup comfortably.

And it is a good idea, because just look. Salewood is currently nervous, uncertain and worried thinking, "oh geez, a trip of the village? ummm, I don't know, not sure.... give me some time to think it over".

Whereas I'm thinking, "fuck yeah, camping trip, can't wait!"

Anyway, yo help get back to the OP. Personally, I wouldn't sleep in the village (excluding my camping idea). If they're farmers as you say, they're probably not going to be one of the rich families in the village. You'll most likely be sleeping on the equivalent of cement. You know those really thing straw Issam mats? Your bed will probably be that on a cement floor. You might get a blanket, but probably won't need or want it. You'll get some of those rectangular pillows I'm sure.

At best you will get a mosquito net, and maybe not even that. However, that net still doesn't keep out the cockroaches, ants, spiders, scorpions, mice, millipedes, etc.

I'd stay in a hotel, if I were you.
I cannot speak for others, but in my view this is a bad idea, regardless of who came up with it.

It is insulting to the family, and for no other purpose then your own illogical fears. As I said, I have been visiting and staying at the village for 11 years, and don't recognize most of what you are claiming.