Hi everyone

I will be in Bangkok Dec 19-27 (my first time), and will be staying in the Tarntawan hotel (it was entertaining to read some threads about it on this forum...).
I guess, staying there and given the proximity to all possible and impossible gay bars and clubs around, the gay interest and aspects of the trip will be naturally covered .

Other than that, I do actually want to see around and experience local culture, nature and food . In addition to sightseeing in Bangkok itself, I thought to perhaps visit some other places, such as Kaho Yai park, Ayutthaya and Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.

Would you recommend booking bus tours (I have seen some on Vetra website) to visit these places, or there is other more authentic way? I don't mind local public transportation, not from financial considerations really, but more so to experience real rather than touristic Thailand. I am in my 30s and in good shape, so I don't mind walking around and hiking long distances as well, if it will bring authentic experiences.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!