Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
1. I think if someone had posted (and I paraphrase) that I probably miss the "good old days" in Sunee because in those days it was easy to molest children - I'd feel libelled - wouldn't you ?
I'm taking this a bit off-topic but seems to be being discussed by mods so I take it as ok.

As you rightly said in another post we have never seen eye-to-eye (under-statement) but I do appreciate that you are supporting the fact you saw me as being libelled and I would certainly take the same stance if the other way round.

To be honest it's been a bit of a shock to read here and over at Gaythailand that there has been a fuss regarding samebb comments.I didn't really notice until I fully read this thread and the stuff over at Gaythailand, which I did in hindsight as I had vented at samebb and was done with him.

I did see the post he made you refer to but skimmed over it because he was just blathering, really, I was more bothered about the fact he hadn't absorbed what was written in the original post and that he had assumed the 'bye gone era' I had referred to was Pattaya, but clearly from the original post it was a reference to Bangkok, not Pattaya, as that was where I spent most of my time in the early days, in Bangkok, not even in Silom/Surawong but in other areas.

Also I felt it simply didn't apply to me directly as he referred to 'his type' rather than specifically newalaan2, and was more of a general dig at older guys who visited Thailand back then, I wasn't part of the scene he was taking jabs at so didn't feel I had anything to defend, so it really just went over my head, in some way I kind of agreed with that sentiment regarding sunee 20 years ago, I hated it. The only two bars I visited reasonably regularly in sunee during the first 5 years of visiting Pattaya was Topman and NokNok (then run by M of the current Cupidol Bar). My time was spent in Pattayaland and Day/Night area where my hotel was, preferring karaokes and clubs to bars for picking up lads.

But I personally didn't feel he was direct enough to make an accusation. If I had felt that or he had made a clear accusation I would have answered it publically directly to him in a post, I am not known for holding back in these circumstances. He did the same with a threat of violence, pouring a drink over me, in a cowardly way.......and instead of making a direct threat he chucked in a LOL at the end as if joking. I have just found some of these details and I'm deciding whether they need a reply or not. My feeling was that after my last reply to him he really wasn't worth the bother/effort, but that said I'm not going to let threats go unanswered.

I told him in a post that 18 years of visiting produces many friends and many contacts, and those contacts are loyal friends, so he really does need to be careful with some of us guys here who have visited for years. Already I've had emails suggesting a name for him as well as other bits of info, without asking for any, these have arrived unsolicited. But I would be very hesitant about taking stuff from an anonymous internet forum to a real-life situation. I have met up with board members and bump into a few in my visits, see some regularly like francois but these are pleasant friendly moments in time.......not grudges.