Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
Of course there's local hangouts, such as karaokes, small clubs / restaurants and clubs, and other hangouts that are mostly locals only and there's no commercial sex there.

However, if you're a tourist in Pattaya, everyone is just going to assume you're there for da hookers, and will proposition you regardless of where in the city you are.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
Pattaya is ALL about selling and buying sex. Good shopping too, but people don't make the trip to spend their time at the malls.

Chiang Mai is much less sex-focused and much more of an opportunity to observe Thai culture, past and present.

But, Omega, I really wonder if you would enjoy the Thai experience. Your questions here and on the other thread lead me to think "no".

Maybe I'll skip Pattaya altogether, or at least only go a couple days for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
Perhaps if the Catholic Church opened a convent in Pattaya then Omega could stay there - as since he is determined not to pay, my guess is his sexual experience will be a case of nun yesterday, nun today, and most likely nun tomorrow
Perhaps you're right. Perhaps I won't get any sex on my visit to Thailand. But I'm not really asking where the best place to get sex is, am I?

But why the hostility? Do you perceive my lack of interest in paying for sex as some kind of judgement?