Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Super Rich @ Swampy and other Airport Line tales

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Liked

Super Rich @ Swampy and other Airport Line tales

Someone has probably posted about this before (a447? His posts are a goldmine of information about life in Bangkok outside the gay ghetto, I'm sure you'll agree) but it was news to me. The last time I had used the Airport Line to travel between the airport and my luxurious penthouse my recollection is that there was a Super Rich stall on the same level as the Airport Line but outside the entry gates. Going there recently to meet a friend I saw that Super Rich what looks like a spanking new booth, however it's inside the station barriers, which isn't of much help to those who want the Super FX rates, usually the best in town, while at the airport but don't want to travel by train (I guess they can always patronise the Super Rich booth at Silom Complex if they can afford the taxi ride from the Pinnacle Hotel or whatever doss house they're using)

In fact travelling via the Airport Line is such a rare occurrence for me that my (blue) Elder card had expired and had to be replaced by a new one. The only difference I could see is the colour - the new one is somewhat like the colour of the Elder MRT pass. I suppose when the universal Spider card is introduced sometime this year - or maybe 2018, or 2020 - the colour of the card may help the staff make the appropriate changeover. However I couldn't see "Elder" inscribed anywhere on the card, so maybe it's just encoded. It certainly flashed up when I went through the gates

It will be interesting to see the queues of those exchanging their current cards for the new universal card, whenever it is introduced. I had to to wait 5 minutes while the lass at Makkasan filled out various forms before my replacement was finalised

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 12th, 2017)