Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Brexit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I'm a Unionist in the Uk but even I concede the Scots ( who voted for independence) would be mad NOT not have another dig at it.
    It's almost bait-like. huh? How can Scotland pass up this bright, shiny opportunity?! It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. In the next few weeks, I imagine Spain will throw carpet-gnawing conniptions if Brussels entertains Sturgeon even in an unofficial capacity. I'm wondering because of Catalonia, whether Spain might well veto any attempt by Scotland to join the EU forevermore anyway.

I'm also waiting to see what the next few months brings, whether there is in fact a backlog of proposals and legislation that's been on hold to prevent frightening the Brits. Turkey, anyone?

I should also put my hand up and confess I voted out, based on a single issue for me, which is the EU's treatment of the people of Greece, which I find abhorrent and completely unacceptable.
    Last edited by Tobi; June 26th, 2016 at 04:31.