Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway View Post
Thanks guys, I can't help but think you all are under the impression that I am trying to find a way to be cheap with the guys which i'm not. There are 2 guys I like and simply want to be nice to them by offing them and maybe going someplace else to have a drink together or share a bite to eat. I don't plan to take up no more than 1/2 an hour of their time.

I don't want to negotiate with him as that would put a different spin and feel to what I am doing. I am simply paying for a potential friend to have a 30 min break from work and to give him a little money. My question is what would be the appropriate tip/gift in that situation?

If you have an answer I would be happy to know it even if it requires the use of a soapbox. (Smile)
My answer would be the same as before simply because you are "offing" the boy from his place of work and the expectation is to pay the going rate. I have done exactly what you are suggesting in years past. What you might do is to buy him lunch or dinner before work and explain this so there are no misunderstandings.