Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
I have no idea
the rest of your post supports this so you should have just stopped there

I know it is still considered perfectly reasonable for Internet startups to have no idea about their real target market and even less idea of how to build a revenue stream from that target market but give me a break - a high quality web site with the combined features of facebook and Ashley Madison but just for gay Thailand that is going to drive its membership by spamming pickup apps and get its revenue from other dating web sites beating down its door wanting to advertise?

one thing you are right about is it is a massive project that is never going to be achieved by some "expert"/wanker in Nakhon Nowhere after buying the software scraps and handful of eyeballs from Sawatdee Network with his life savings

the gay market is fragmented and complex in most countries and both experienced old media (print/TV) and new media (web) companies still have problems understanding and surviving in this market segment let alone Internet startups with their head in the clouds (or usually the "cloud")

the Thai gay market is even more fragmented and complicated and then there are the language issues etc ... you just need to look at the casualties in the mainstream print media, the freebie print media and web sites over the last few years - but not just in Thailand, pick any other SE Asian or other Asian country

if you really want to address "all things gay in Thailand" you are going to need significant resources, skills and capital and it is still doubtful that the revenue stream will ever be there to justify the investment, else stick to tightly focused sites that require limited resources and can survive on limited revenue or just play at the hobby level like many sites do now - not just the English language forums!

bkkguy