Ah yes, Central Chidlom. It's not exactly a short stroll from my hotel (The Sofitel - as you'll recall they don't take bitcoin) so we took the BTS (another non-bitcoin heretic), and damn crowded it was, too.

We had lunch there on Christmas Day, in the Food Loft, usually abbreviated to "Loft" in the Thai way. It was busy, so busy we had difficulty getting a table by the window, but we did. It seems a chaotic arrangement, a cross between a cafeteria and a cafe. You get a card on entry which you then present to the kitchen of your choice, they record your card number (electronically Bruce will be pleased to hear) and return your card and a slip of paper (paper - uh oh :-? ). You then return to your table, on the way handing your slip of paper to a waiter. Shortly thereafter your food appears. I had some soup, pasta and apple & sultana crumble with vanilla ice-cream (yum yum) all washed down by a fruit smoothie (in my case a "Barbed Wire"). Alcohol was available - I saw someone with cans of Singha - but I'm not sure if there was any riesling. There were certainly numbers of men who, like riesling, would be best enjoyed young. The card is then presented to the cashier who tells you what you owe (in baht, not bitcoin) and you pay (in cash or credit card). My total was 535 baht (not bitcoin) and well worth it.