A word of caution. I was a Soi 6 Police Station a few days ago finalising some documents and was speaking to a few officers I know well who told me of a fresh scam doing the rounds,

In one of the well known pick up areas there is an underage boy (17) working and usually accompnaied by 1-2 friends. The boy claims he is bottom only ( which it appears he is) but with no ID. The friend offers to arrange a short time room and if the deal is done then the punter and boy do go to the room and the boy does provide the service. We know the boy from his time at the Boys Home in Rayong and he is 17 years & 3 months of age and has only been working in Pattaya since December.

So far three farangs ( at least those who have had the courage to complain to the police) have after the short time is up and left the hotel then been followed to his hotel or stopped in the street where the friends produce the boy's ID showing he is just 17and demand money or they go the the police. Three farangs have refused to pay and complained to the police that they had been taken for 80,00, 120,000 and 90,000 baht by the boy's friends respectively.

The police are not overly concerned about the boy working but take the view that if the farangs did not check the ID then it is up to them.

One farang who complained was also arrested and kept in the Soi 6 cells overnight. Another has had all of his identity documents copied and logged and the police are waiting to decide whether to press charges.

There are of course possibly other farangs who have been caught by this scam but put it down to experience.

You have been warned!