I know it's a sensitive subject because many of you don't like to hear anything about the demise of Sunee plaza. But let me get it out of the way; it really is! I've been there 4 or 5 times the last months, and I have hardly seen any customers. Many dark spots left and right because of closed bars. For me, it's a said walk through Sunee now a days.

That walk gets an extra sad impulse because of the Arabs that have now taken hold of both streets parallel to Sunee. Even though, I must say, they have never given me a feeling of disapproval, walking with a boy in tow. Not that this is happening regularly lately.

On the other side, I went to Jomtien Complex a couple of times recently and I was impressed with the customers in the bars there. I saw a lot of regulars, people that I have seen for years in Sunee having a drink. I have no relationship with them to speak of other than the fact that I remember them from being Sunee regulars. In other words, I didn't feel comfortable in asking them about the switch.

I never was a frequent visitor of Jomtien Complex. I been to the venue one time for example, not my thing. But could it be that Jomtien Complex is growing? As I understand it, there are no gogo's allowed in that area, that might be the only reason it has not taken over completely.

You might have noticed that I haven't spoken about the boys in general. I can only speak for myself when it comes to taste, so I'm just talking about venues and customers.