...as perhaps I should have myself, it's pretty clear that "stef" merely made an error in his post, but what he was replying to was catawampuscat's post before it that was referring to Thailand, and not Europe, as I read it. Nevertheless, I didn't see Smiles reply as mean-spirited and he does usually seem to be one of the more level-headed ones on this board. Where I admit my mistake was in saying "right as usual," as I don't know him well enough to make the generalization.

Let me be clear, please... my post here is NOT a comeback to LMTU's post. It's just an idea. Please read on:

This board is a wealth of good information. It's disturbing, though - especially for a relatively new member such as myself - to see such venomous in-fighting. May I make a suggestion? When there are private comments to be delivered, try to use the little Private Message button in the posting window and then have at the person you're unhappy with. A clever bit of poking fun at a member in public is one thing; just spewing on the board isn't very entertaining OR informative and doesn't really belong here.

I did get a kick out of your comment "a creature named Bao-Bao appeared to compliment Smiles on "being correct, as usual, Smiles." ( Where have we seem this vaudeville act before ?)" though... I'm not QUITE old enough to have been in vaudeville, but there are mornings I feel somewhat less than human!

Have a better day tomorrow, LMTU. I've enjoyed many of your posts here.

bao-bao