Quote Originally Posted by SmoothLegs
admin and moderators (moderators depending on their access level) have only access to the log in details, which are email, username, ip and such.
The password can NOT be seen, not even an xxxxxx, it is just an empty field.

However they can change the password, which will give them access, since now they can log in as the member they changed the password of.

However, since they never knew the old password, they can not set it back to the original password.

So, if suddenly you can not log in to your account, but are 100% sure the details are correct maybe something fishy happened.

In the forums/boards database where the passwords are stored (as all information), they are encryted.
SmoothLegs makes a great deal of sense with his post, although I haven't thought of the password vulnerability until he mentioned it. Thank you very much for that, you clearly know what you are talking about.

No, Moderators and Administrators cannot break into your PM box or view your PMтАЩs.

The moderator controls and the administration controls are in two separate areas of the site. Everything I do and everything jinks does is recorded in the moderator logs. I wouldnтАЩt allow jinks to violate your privacy in any way and I would hope that he would stand up and say something to the membership if he ever caught me at it. There is nothing to be gained by us and for the board by breaking anyoneтАЩs trust.

One thing you need to know though, is when your Inbox is full and someone is sending you a PM, it may be rejected and bounce back to us as one of those Mailer Dameon emails. We probably wouldnтАЩt notice it in the amount of spam we are cleaning out on a daily basis, but I have seen at least one. Please make sure you leave room in your Inbox for incoming mail and room in your Sent box for outgoing mail or adjust your settings to delete the oldest mail to allow new to arrive.

Next point is that we do have the ability to empty your Outbox. If, for example you were a member using our PM system to solicit members to a different board, I might empty your Outbox before revoking your PM privileges just to ensure more damage does not occur in the PMтАЩs that were sent, but not read yet. I might also do the same thing if you were a hydra, like CaptnCrunch and canadien. When I do empty your Inbox, those PMтАЩs donтАЩt come back to usтАж.they are deleted with all your PMтАЩs never to be seen again.

I hope this answers the primary question and dispels any subsequent fears someone who knows better, is trying to put in our heads. If you have any concerns with any of this, please let me know.

Surfcrest