Just a quick few comments/updates on Baan Dok Mai and Mosaik accommodations in Pattaya. I know I always make comments on them after trips but it's good to update to know/advise if standards are being kept-up or deteriorating and for info for potential newbies.

Stayed in Baan Dok Mai for 3 nights at the start on my visit to Thailand, if it wasn't for the fact my bf prefers the large accommodation at Mosiak where you can do your own cooking and is perfect for having friends round, i would stay at Baan Dok Mai longer. The quality of the rooms is consistantly very good never going down hill as you see in other guesthouses/hotels after a few years...Warwick the owner is a great host and has kept good standards there. I had a top floor room which is very large, with large screen TV and DVD...balcony, tea/coffee in room....for Bt850. Ok there is no lift...but there is always one of the young waiters on hand to help with luggage. I personally don't mind using the stairs...a lift is never a necessary for me...I use stairs wherever i can back home too, just for exercise more than anything else.

Also has room safe and large comfy bed...after 7-8pm you have your own key to get in and out. Also used the connected restaurant and the food was very good, i saw many Thai and farang come in there for food everyday. So just to say.....Baan Dok Mai still highly recommended.

So too for Mosaik for a longer stay of one week or more....there was talk of this place going downhill after the farang owner passed away...but no! the standards are still top class. The Prestige Studio we had again has even had the huge luxurious sofas exchanged for new versions of the same, they are not going to pay out to refurbish if they do not intend to keep Mosiak going. Also noticed an improvement in the shower water power, and no temp fluctuations. We had microwave, 2 ring cooker and utensils DVD,large TV, large fridge, small dining table/2 chairs as well as the large sofa and two large sofa chairs. It worked out at about Bt900 per day including water/electricity (and we had the aircon on 16 hours a day) and the final Bt300 room clean. Great for entertaining, we had friends round most nights and with the balcony lit at night it was a nice ambiance. Bf likes to cook his own food, and cook for friends the Issan stuff they like back home. So Mosaik still highly recommended too!