Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Checking out St Regis тАУ BangkokтАЩs newest top-tier hotel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Checking out St Regis тАУ BangkokтАЩs newest top-tier hotel

Sofitel So Bangkok

I took a couple of photos of the new Sofitel So Bangkok the other morning whilst on the way to my Thai school. It is situated at the top of North Sathorn Road (Thanon Sathorn Nua) on the intersection with Rama IV Road (Thanon Pa-Ram-Sii). Just before the Dusit Thani.

As sydneyboy says, the hotel is due to open on 28 February 2012.

W- Bangkok

Another 5-star hotel is being built on Sathorn Road just across from my apartment (See photos below) and is called the W Bangkok. From what I can see it is going to have a very small oval shaped pool and is surrounded by a rather strange structure which I canтАЩt quite make out.

According to their website page the hotel is due to open on 1 October 2012. It also makes some rather bold claims about the sort of clientele they expect to accommodate:

"In the cityтАЩs prestigious Embassy Row and pulsating commercial district is the W Bangkok, a stylish icon of Asian chic. Welcome to the new playground of ambassadors, jet setters and fashionistas, a hot destination by the coolest shopping and dining.

SPICE AND ALL THINGS NICE

Live to tell about the legendary, and simply savory Thai cuisine, chili-hot nightlife and sinfully relaxing spa experience. Indulge in our world-class restaurant, sizzling bar and always vibrant Living Room where you can mix, mingle and play all day.

WAYS TO UNWIND

In our 403 rooms, youтАЩre dreaming sweet in the signature W bed, or lazing in plush bathrobes as you enjoy state-of-the-art entertainment and fully wired technology, the fabulous Munchie Box and our wonderful Whatever/Whenever┬о service."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases