An interesting topic was raised on another thread so thought I'd start a new thread instead of dragging that one further off topic.

Got to say, I totally agree with this Brisboy82's statement below.

I don't live in Thailand. I've only visited Thailand a bit over a dozen times and spent total of maybe six months there all up. I have a lot of Thai friends outside Thailand too. I try to learn as much as I can from people who live there and Thais themselves as I do for a lot of countries I explore in Asia.

That's about all I can do without living there. So I accept lots of foreigners - especially those living there - would or should know more about Thailand than me.

But I'm amazed at some of the stuff that gets said by posters on these forums who live there! It indicates their perspective and experience of the country and its people is unbelievably limited and often of the lower end. They have an incredibly narrow exposure to the cross-section of Thai society...

I just think this is quite sad considering Thailand is the country they've chosen to make their home.... what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisboy82
Kjun12 is just trying to make himself look like he knows more than others because he presumably lives in Thailand (which doesn't necessarily make one an expert as there's plenty of expats in Thailand who live in such a sheltered sexpat world that they actually know nothing about Thailand and as a whole even after being there for decades. The ignorance of some long term expats is astounding).