A month or so ago I started a thread which, among other things, asked any member of Sawatdee who lives Pattaya or Jomtien to take a look at the site of the Ocean 1 project (i.e. a Very High condominium complex ... the highest in Thailand it is advertised) to see, and possibly report, on how this mega-building was going.
I had heard before that in fact, nothing was 'going' ... the site being flat as a pancake. But I didn't know for sure, not having seen it for myself.
Even though the original post was simply asking for a kind of progress report, and offered neither negative criticism nor supportive hosannas, the thread was deleted almost immediately. No explanation.

OK, so now I've done it for myself. Below are photographs (with time stamp) taken last week in Jomtien of the Ocean 1 construction site. There is no building going on, there is no hole being dug, there is no semblance of what anyone could call 'foundation work'.
All that's there is a small cement factory, which I assume (but do not know for sure) is making and supplying cement for the many other construction sites in the vicinity.

I have nothing in particular against Ocean 1. I'm not a disgruntled owner. I've put down no money against a future condo. Neither do I know whether Ocean 1 will be built in the near future, the further-out future, or whether it's been postponed or even canceled.
What I do know ~ for whatever reason ~ there is nothing besides a small cement factory occupying the site of the grandiose Ocean 1 development.

There is an Adobe file which contains the official advertising of Ocean 1 at << http://www.google.co.th/search?q=ocean+ ... =firefox-a >> (click on the first URL), and within that Adobe file ~ amongst other information ~ is a Q&A which states a project finishing date of 2011.

Pictures are sometimes better than a thousand words. They speak for themselves, and are objective.