Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Institutions

Liked

Pattaya Institutions

Good morning.
    It seems that everyone is fighting with everyone at the moment. I'm putting it down to the unusually hot weather that is causing this outbreak of tetchiness.

Yes. Institutions come in many forms and so I'm starting a thread about those places that have been going a long time.

Metal Chairs Restaurant, the one located on second road near Boyztown. I go there regularly and always have the same thing, crispy pork with red sauce. It's always a midnight-1.00am meal, just to keep me going for a few more hours. 55 baht and quite quite delicious.

They also do a circus trick. Even after seeing the stir fried vegetables chucked across the road dozens of times I still enjoy it.

NB. Linking any member to the word institution is such an obvious and lowly skilled thing to do that we can probably do without it on this thread.

Similar Threads:

• User who gave Like to post:

Moses (July 23rd, 2019)

Banned
      Liked

Re: Pattaya Institutions

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
      NB. Linking any member to the word institution is such an obvious and lowly skilled thing to do that we can probably do without it on this thread.
      I'm surprised that your profile doesn't actually describe you as a Forum Institution. Wouldn't that be an apposite use of the word? There are also a number of members who are happy, so they say, to be committed members of that fine old institution, marriage. The word "institution" has a pejorative sense only to those who want it to have

Forum's veteran
      Liked

The restaurant used to be called The Flying Vegetable and displays would take place nightly, drawing appreciative crowds. I had thought the performances had ended until I saw one about three years ago. A sort of "tribute band" I suppose.

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Its actually called Pakbung Loi Fah as any self respecting Pattayafile should know!

I mentioned the place a few months ago with reference to their new high prices.

My standard meal went up from, I think about 100 baht, to almost 300. I dont go anymore.

Forum's veteran
      Liked

The Flying Vegetable moved to north Pattaya at least fifteen years ago. Whether the vegetables are still flying there, I don't know.

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
      My standard meal went up from, I think about 100 baht, to almost 300. I dont go anymore.
      There must clearly be something wrong with The Flying Vegetables when the fruit are flying off too.

Liked

The coffee shop at the top of Viewpoint Mountain also qualifies I think. I don't know its actual name so over to gerefan2 for that.

It's been there forever. They serve great coffee with a stunning view across the sparkling blue water of Pattaya Bay. A great place to sit as the sun sets and Pattaya gets ready for another nefarious night of.....

They play the national anthem at 6.00pm.

Forum's veteran
      Liked

There’s a place called FM 104.75 which is the radio station. I think the coffee shop is next door?

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Another institution (of mine anyway) is a small Thai restaurant on Pattaya Tai opposite Soi Hollywood. If you have been there you will know that it has two floors and the top floor is air conditioned. Does excellent cheap Thai food, but does take a LOOOONG time to arrive.

There is a large red sign outside with the name on it “OR-AH-HARN-THAI”.

Maxwell (July 24th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
      Liked

Here's a puzzling institution. On the seaward side of Pattaya Second, opposite or just beyond the school is a largish store selling luggage, tourist goods and (I think) shoes. It's been there since 1996 at least and I've never seen anyone enter....or come out. Its window displays samples of luggage that I swear have been there twenty years plus. And it's still open. How do they manage it? and why?

Brad the Impala (July 24th, 2019)