Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP jinks

Liked

RIP jinks

Hi guys and others

Right i am posting here out of respect for my uncle whom many of you will know well i believe. If this would be better placed in another section please do me the honour of moving this as i would like it to gain as much exposure for my uncle as possible.

At 15:15 today a man many of you know and hopefully love passed on from this world. His name was john jeffries one of the smartest blokes i have ever met and im sure equal for many of the BMs here.

To give more details he has been fighting lung Cancer for the last 18 months and through much pain and suffering has now passed to a better place. He was suffering on oxygen for the last 12months after a junior doctor gave him emphysema (and nearly killed him) by puncturing his lung taking a sample of a malignant lump in his wind pipe.

He has suffered horribly for the past 6 months even with many many forms of medication for pain, lukemia, and various other ailments including carrying oxygen and maintaining his work as a taxi driver throught this hard time right up untill a month ago(for anyone who understands what a burden being on oxygen is for someone to work like he did is just astounding and proof of what heart he had).

He was always in good company and had the support of many of his old friends from the gay community and Nightingale pub and his family and any of you here that may have been involved i thank you massively.

He did not suffer when he passed and was in no pain and was with his brother just 15mins before. And i can only thank you wonderful nurses and doctors of st marys hospice for their efforts and sterling care they offered and gave my uncle the most dignified and

I myself am a visitor to pattaya (soi 6(girl bars 555)) and understand just how close a community like this is (im an addict) so if anyone from the community in england would like to attend his funeral any and all friends of john would be more than welcome to attend. It will be in Birmingham but when i will not be able to tell you yet as his passing only happened earlier today.

I understand what a forum is like(not everyone in a community sees eye to eye 100% of the time) but i will ask please be respectful in this thread.

I would also ask if there are any other forums john has an active role in i would appreciate you to let his friends know there of his passing and extend the same invitation for his funeral. He was also a widows son but i would not know how to contact this group of people but im hopeful someone here will be able to help me in this regard.

please contact me on ecigpp@gmail.com if you would like to attend the funeral so i can keep people info in one place. i will try to place the info here in this thread but its not easy keeping track of things at a time like this.

RIP uncle John you will be missed like hell, and i hope your smiling on us all right now.

Liked

Death of jinks

The entire message has been cut and pasted from gaybutton and printed here . It makes me feel very sad to see how some people have behaved the last 6 months.

Postby Gaybutton ┬╗ Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:47 am

This morning I was shocked and quite upset by a post on the Gay Thailand forum about the death of jinks. I hope it will turn out to be someone's idea of a sick hoax, but the post does seem believable to me. I knew jinks has been ill, but I didn't know it was a life threatening illness. If it is true, I'd like to say jinks was a true and highly valued friend and I will miss him very much.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9449-rip-jinks

Liked

Re: Death of jinks

I'm so sorry to hear this. I never met Jinks but I know from Penang friends who knew him that he was a friendly guy, an impression that I also got from his posts on this board.

My condolences to his family.
    [color=#800080][i][b]I AM BUTTERFLY![/b][/i][/color]

Liked

The copied message in the OP sounds unfortunately very real.

Jinks and I shared the moderation of this board after Elephantspike took it over . . . I for about a year, and jinks carried on together with ES.
    Jinks and I shared drinks numerous times on the Venue (then Bondi) patio in Jomtien and laughed a lot at the Sawatdee Shenanigans which were never ending and always good for a hoot.
    We had differing ideas about moderating, but jinks was a stubborn cuss and never caved ... though often I wished he had of.
    But beyond that, neither of us took it personally and could always get together in good company.

Doesn't surprise me, the cancer that is. Jinks was a life long smoker, and encouraged his taxi customers to light up and suck in the smoke heartily in the car.
    I'd be happy as a lark to hear this news is not correct, but it rings sadly true.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

i made that post i have also made it here but it is yet to be approved.

it is no hoax, the copius amount of details should tell anyone who knew him that it is a genuine post.

Liked

Re: RIP jinks

thank you to whichever mod approved this i haev been in deispair trying to make this post on this forum knowing this is where my uncle posted.

thanks nak muay

Liked

Certainly, some of us have suspected/known for a few months that there was something seriously wrong with jinks - and he hinted as much in a couple of his own posts.

I never met jinks formally but I observed him in fine fettle a couple of times at his favourite haunt in Jomtien.

Board-wise I never had any issues or argument with the guy in 7 or 8 years - he seemed to me to be one of the good guys.

So, assuming the tragic news is accurate RIP jinks (with a small "j")

Liked

Members,

It is with great sadness that I confirm the passing of our dearest friend and moderator, a tireless volunteer for Sawatdee for many years John Jeffries (jinks). I have heard from the family and I can confirm that nak muay's announcement comes from the family.

John, or jinks was always very particular not to let anyone know outside his very close circle of friends how ill he has been this past year, a very difficult illness to battle. There have been some very difficult times for jinks, especially as of late and yet he has been here looking after the Board for us as he has for a very, very long time.

I've learned a great deal about life since jinks and I teamed up together here at Sawatdee, through the cryptic PM's he'd send me telling how to do different things with the controls...to the direction the Board has taken these past eight months...and of course longer.

I'll always be thinking about jinks when I'm logged in here, thinking about what he might do...and hopefully he'll continue looking over my shoulder from time to time.

Love you John!

[attachment=3:10w6m20l]cake3.jpg[/attachment:10w6m20l]

[attachment=2:10w6m20l]jinksPGTV1.jpg[/attachment:10w6m20l]

[attachment=1:10w6m20l]jinksPGTV2.jpg[/attachment:10w6m20l]

[attachment=0:10w6m20l]PattayaGTV3.jpg[/attachment:10w6m20l]

http://www.jinkscorp.com/hols/

Surfcrest
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

A sad day. I know he will be sadly missed by everyone on the boards especially this one. I always thought of jinks as our fairy godfather sorting out everyone's problems as well as keeping the board going, sometimes on his own. I thought he had a prepared announcement waiting to be placed here upon his demise? I'm sure he mentioned it a couple of times in the last year. RIP jinks I'm sure we will be talking about you for years to come.
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

Bon Voyage Jinks. You always treated me fair and square on this forum. Fran├зois