Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Advice for long-term needed...

Liked

Re: Mensa gig ...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    " ... so please explain to me how I was supposed to go about this, oh wise one? Of course I want some indication that he doesn't only care about my wallet, just like he wants some indication that I don't only care about his body ... "
    I thought I already did (earlier on) ... time.
    3 weeks, 5 weeks, 8 weeks. They are of no consequence for finding out anything about a person which is meaningful. You want it 'meaningful' don't you?

About the wiseguy comment. You might want to check out your heading for this topic, plus the first line in your opening post: " ... Advice for long term needed ... Was wondering if some of you Thailand verterans would be willing to provide some advice ... "

But, carry on ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: Advice for long-term needed...

Well, I am not a veteran of any LTR in Thailand, so I don't know what I'm talking about (not a bar to having an opinion on this board :drunken: )

But I know a man who does.....

If you haven't found it already, you might find something of interest in "Rice Queen Diary", definitely one of the better Thailand gay blogs. Perhaps you could start with this post:
    http://www.ricequeendiary.com/there-are-no-equals.html

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

And SF farang, no, I'm hardly a control freak. If anything, I'm the total opposite. I get pissed off when people aren't themselves
    This has got to be the most ironic sentence in the history of Sawadtee.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2017)

Liked

Looking back now, Brad The Impala (Surfcrest) always sided with Matt, always defended him when someone questioned Matt's credibility.
    When I took on Matt's invitation to visit him in Khom Kaen, Surfcrest, then admin accused me of being a troll, and he accused me of using VPN, while I posted from Pattaya, True Move 4G, no VPN no Proxy, he lied to everyone here. Admin sees IP if each post, he deliberately lied. Why did he do this?
    Surfcrest was on a mission to discredit me, he basically rushed to Matt's rescue.

Looking back, it seems Matt is closely related to Surfcrest, also known as Brad The Impala.
    Check this screen cap, one of many, many similar rescue efforts:

Screenshot_20170917-201005.jpg

Liked

And this works both ways, when Surfcrest (Brad The Impala) was called out, and needed 'support', he could always count on Matt:

Screenshot_20170917-204528.jpg

Matt's newby advise thread should be mandatory reading for every foreigner who is considering a relationship with Thai guy.
    Many great posts and advise by Sawadtee users, most usernames now appear as 'Said', probably due to move to new platform. But really useful advise for newbie!

Liked

Oh fuck, the mouse dude is on drugs again, and angry because I wouldn't meet him.

Pro-trip: Life changes in 7 years!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Oh fuck, the mouse dude is on drugs again, and angry because I wouldn't meet him.

Pro-trip: Life changes in 7 years!
    Life changes, no doubt, but newbie advise given to cdnmatt in this thread is just as valid today.
    Matt, you will never meet me, nor anyone else because you do not exist. But keep up the writing, I genuinely enjoy it!

Liked

In 2009 (the year of my coming out, and SF farang whose blog played a vital role in that but is now gone commented as well in this thread):
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    After re-reading the posts on this topic, especially that of Gone Fishing, I do smell a troll in the personna of cdnmatt. He seems to be milking his post more than Elsie the Cow, whose husband was Elmer the Bull(shitter).
    and milking and milking....

At least Matt went from age 27 in 2009 to 36 in 2017, whereas Beachlover stayed in his "early twenties" for the decade (?) he blessed us with his presence on the board.

10. User who gave Like to post:

francois (September 18th, 2017)

Liked

It's certainly true that around May, when surfcrest was starting different threads accusing me of God knows what, finally leading to his decision to ban of me, that he was supported by Brad the impala and Matt. They took turns posting the same shit, backed each other up, post after post, and threw "likes" at each other at every turn. It was hilarious.

No prizes for figuring out that we are not talking about 3 separate entities here.

But hey, surfcrest owned the board so was allowed to be hypocritical and flaunt the rules. I mean, he could hardly turn around and ban himself, could be.

Ownership has its privileges. That I accept 100%.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

But hey, surfcrest owned the board so was allowed to be hypocritical and flaunt the rules. I mean, he could hardly turn around and ban himself, could be.

Ownership has its privileges.
    I remember when he kicked you out, the last act of his administration. By kicking you he did damage to this board, perhaps intentional, since he knew he was out, and board's future wasnt a concern for him. You could almost say it was deliberate sabotage, banning a long time contributor harms board, other members will be discouraged to post, and every board depends on quality members. Everyone knows how bruce_nyc's startup ended due to lack of posters.

I miss beachlover, he was lots of fun.