"I'm 27, look much younger, no Brad Pitt but fairly decent looking, nice guy, well composed, good hygiene, etc."

OMG. Are you for real? OK, this is just from my 68 year old point of view. Look at the customers in the boy bars. In most cases, we are older men who have not much to offer 19 year old boys except money. So, any relationship we have with them starts out as commercial, and it stays that way, though it may be tempered somewhat by something resembling "love" at a much later date.

So, I don't get it. Why would a young, "fairly decent looking" guy with obviously sufficient funding go to bars to look for "true love", for an LTR?

Current university students, recent graduates, young office workers, all of whom would speak some English, are available and perhaps would be less eager to empty your bank account for the sake of the farm and buffaloes in Issan.

Starting off with a bar boy who speaks no English, and wait 2-3 years till you two can communicate meaningfully??? What if neither of you will like what the other says, the way the other thinks???

But I have made so many mistakes in this area that my comments have to be taken with multiple grains of salt.

All I can say is Choke dee, na.