Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Let's see if this sparks a decent discussion. I'm sure many (most?) of us have met a Thai boy who has touched our hearts in a way unlike the others, and has caused us to spend hours wondering if there's a way we could help them. So, what's the best way to help?

English Lessons -- This is a common one, but unless they're planning to continue living in a tourist city and/or remain in the tourist industry, I think it's pretty useless. Not to mention, even if that's the case, they tend to pickup English as they go anyway.

Education -- Another very common one, but personally, I no longer believe this is a very realistic way to help someone from Issan. Many of these guys dropped out of school early to work, and help support their family. On top of that, the Thai government doesn't seem overly interested in having an educated populace, or at least their education programs don't show it. Alot of these guys are looking at 3 - 5 years of screwing around just to get the equivalent of a high-school diploma, and really, what's the point of that?

A high-school diploma doesn't mean anything in Canada, and means even less in Issan. They need at least a four year university degree to be considered for a decent job. So even if they manage to stick with schooling for say 8 years, which is highly doubtful in probably most cases, they'll probably be in their early 30s by the time they get a decent job, which doesn't seem very viable. Not to mention, formal education isn't exactly a pre-requisite to building financial stability for yourself. For example, I don't have a high school diploma, have taught myself everything needed, and have done just fine for myself.

Buy a House -- I think this is a really good thing, and hey, houses in Issan are cheap. 1 - 3 million baht, the entire family is happy as hell, he'll always have a good roof above his head, and he gets to help out the family in a huge way. The only downside to this is that it's expensive, and is a pure handout, which the Thai didn't do a single thing to earn. Probably not the best way to build character.

Buy them Gold! -- Ok, just kidding actually. This one's just stupid, because we all know how quickly gold turns into whiskey in Thailand. Not to mention, nowadays, I think it's somewhat disrespectful. Mama is busting her ass to bring in 8000/month, and you drop 30,000 on some gold for your BF? Just give the money to mama instead, because it'll more than likely end up in her bank account anyway, except it'll be a smaller amount because the Thai had to sell the gold (and buy whiskey).

Fund a Business -- This is the best thing I can think of. Find out what they're interested in, make sure they work within that industry for at least a couple years to learn the ropes, then fund a small business for them. Don't buy them a business, but instead loan them the funds to buy it, and have them pay you back monthly from the profits. It's a win-win, assuming you have faith that you're Thai BF knows what he's doing, and is capable of turning a profit. In the long-term you get your money back, he gets a huge helping hand to build financial stability for himself, he has something to work towards that builds character, he looks like a superstar during family get togethers, etc. Plus his dignity remains intact, because he's not accepting a handout, but only a loan that he's making monthly payments on.

So yeah, funding a business seems to be the best thing I can think of. And I'm sure in a year or two, I'll be eating for free at a Thai BBQ restaurant in Kohn Kaen quite often. :-)

What do you guys think? Thoughts? Insights? Stories?

Liked

Re: Best thing you can do for a Issan boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Diec View Post
    I will tell you what the best thing is to give an Issan boy. First, it is not to shower them with money or to fund a business for them. They will not ever understand the value of the money, or how hard we as gay farang had to work for that money. Education is also not the way to go. Most of these boys only think in the "now" and do not really plan for their future, especially stupid farm boys from the north. Most of these farm boys do not have any direct contact with successful people and therefore do not understand the value of an education. After all, they make a pretty handsome profit selling themselves on the street.

What these lovely young lads need is a huge dose of LOVE. They don't want our stinking money, they simply want our love. When you give love to these boys, they become richer than they ever thought they could be in their wildest dreams. Love is the universal language, and once these boys know that they have your love, your trust, your devotion, they will do almost anything to make you happy. Yes, there is almost a 50 year difference between me and my future husband, but the love he has for me, and the love I have for him carries us to a realm that many on this board have never experienced.

It's always easy to give money, but when you give your love, it needs to be earned, and once you give your love unconditionally, everything else will fall into place.
    Interesting thread, but it's still unclear what is the best thing a foreigner can do for Isaan guy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...just pay him what u promised......simple really

4. User who gave Like to post:

whitemouse (September 18th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...just pay him what u promised......simple really
    Agreed! Pay what you promised, and if you wish to be extra nice, pay a bit more than what was agreed.
    Also, before going to hotel witj him stop at 711 and buy him cigarettes and few bottles of Chang. Ask him if he's hungry, stop at roadside stall and eat together.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...nah I prefer they eat afterwards...empty stomach keeps them keen...remonds them what they are working for...a full stomach makes them lazy and lethargic...also I love face fucking them...bit of deep throat...make their eyes water as i use the mouth/throat...not all can control the gag reflex....wouldnt want freshly eaten street food all over the place...gotta plan ahead.

Liked

Just as you were starting to resemble a normal human being, you're back to throat fucking and gag reflex, Latin!

Liked

Christian, you seem to forget that you are dealing with young people. When you were their age, didn't you just want to go out and have fun?

(Mmmm....maybe not.)

I think most young guys do. And the last thing they want to do is put money aside for later. Young people tend to live in the here and now.

Perhaps you are expecting too much of them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

a447...have u ever been to Germany?? Not to totally stereotype but the people are scarily organized and punctual...young and old...thats why even though they got flattened during ww2 ...a huge chunk of their males killed...60 years later they rule again.

whitemouse...so u find face fucking/deep throating offensive...oh dear...such a sensitive disposition...guess your knitting circle would be aghast...would love to know what u consider vanilla normal gay sex...and what u would classify as " out there"