Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: David Martin Service in Bangkok on Friday

Deceased Member
    Liked

David Martin Service in Bangkok on Friday

It is sad to report that I have just heard that David Martin has died in his sleep, he was 64. He was Manager of the Icon Hotel Pattaya until it closed and he worked for the PGF Committees 2003-5. He and Jack his boyfriend recently moved to Sisaket to a new house and a new life together. I have no further information at this time other than the Britisih Embassy has been informed in the usual way.

19th April
    Only news i have to date is that the service for David will be in Bangkok on Friday 21st between 5 - 8 pm Location and time to be confirmed. Cremation will be in Sisekat later. It is confirmed he had a Massive heart attack. I will post here as news comes in.

Liked: 1

David Martin

How sad. He seemed pretty young. He always had a wry smile and a 'Hello' when I was at Icon Hotel or the Showbar.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Very Sad News

I'm very sorry to hear this. I knew David and his Chinese friend there during his days in Hong Kong and was pleased to note his successful transition to managing quality leisure facilities, first in Soi 4, Silom, then at the Icon, Pattaya. I believe David found contentment in Thailand and am glad that he passed peacefully.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

RIP David.

May he rest in peace, a friend and helpful ex-pat.

When my time comes, in my sleep too - please.

Dec 2001 at the Icon Hotel - David, a staff member and me.

sad indeed

This is sad indeed -- especially given that he seemed to be perfectly healthy, and in much better shape than some of us who are significantly younger in years! May he rest in peace, dear soul!

Deceased Member
    Liked
    just to bring to top for notice.

Memorial services for David Martin are being held in Bangkok on Friday and Saturday evenings at 6:00 pm, each evening.
    Friday evening will be prayer services and on Saturday will be prayers and the cremation.
    Services are being held at Wat Sathit Waralarm, which is located on Chareongkrun Road, also known as New Road, this is the road that runs parallel to the river at the end of Sathorn, Silom Roads.
    If travelling on Sathorn or Silom towards the river turn left when reaching Chareongkrun Road. The large temple complex is located about a kilometer or more down the road, on the left side. David's services are being held in sala number 9.

Deceased Member
    Liked
    Sorry for more confusion but people who went Thursday say time is 5 pm not 6pm every day.