Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flights from London to Bangkok

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Flights from London to Bangkok

Trailfinders has some good deals on direct flights with Eva at the moment, for departures up until the Christmas period, although booking has to be made by Friday.

Economy ┬г429
    Premium ┬г579
    Business ┬г1,165

Trailfinders

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Flights from London to Bangkok

Excellent - Business ┬г250.00 cheaper than my ticket - However no showers :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    Excellent - Business ┬г250.00 cheaper than my ticket - However no showers :bounce:
    If a shower is worth ┬г250.00 to you, then go for it.

Thanks for the info.
    Kayak also have some deals. I suspect these might be around for several months if the global economy remains flat.

(i) Does anyone know if the reclining on Eva Premium is significantly better than their economy seat? Legroom is irrelevant, as I would arrange to get an emergency exit seat in economy in any case. A better recline is worth paying for, but in my limited experience of other airlines, a premium seat is just a bit larger & does not make a better bed in any way.

(ii) What's the best way of getting a "business out" & "economy back" discount deal? Target price ┬г795, averaging the two prices. I don't sleep on the BKK to London leg, so no point in paying extra for business class.

The discount websites seem to lack such flexibility & if I turn up at check in with a wedge of cash, presumably that wouldn't be value for money either.

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Legroom is irrelevant, as I would arrange to get an emergency exit seat in economy in any case.
    How can you guarantee that you'll be able to get an exit row seat? There are going to be 200 other people on that plane who also want that row.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Legroom is irrelevant, as I would arrange to get an emergency exit seat in economy in any case.
    How can you guarantee that you'll be able to get an exit row seat? There are going to be 200 other people on that plane who also want that row.
    You can't guarantee it but you can do your best to lock it down when you book... select your seat online. If you have to wait until checking in to select your seat than the odds of getting it are much lower. Some airlines seem to be charging more for emergency row seats now...

I cannot guarantee an emergency exit seat, but have had emergency exit seats for at least the last 4 long haul flights & have managed it on 10 consecutive low cost short haul flights (mostly without paying for priority boarding on the latter).

Many people don't seem to care about emergency exit seats -I've even had empty seats next to me.
    Some are put off by the requirement to speak English.

If a long haul airline charges for the emergency exit row, I will normally pay the charge.
    If not, I will try everything possible to get that seat.

Liked

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has experienced the Air Asia's KL to London route in what they call an XXL seat. I did a google search but did not find much and yes I know that might mean a one night stop KL over but that's not a problem.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I would be interested in hearing if anyone has experienced the Air Asia's KL to London route in what they call an XXL seat.
    Hopefully Air Asia is more grounded in reality and truthful than the profiles on gaydar, gayromeo, gay.com, etc which advertise an XXL cock.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

re AisAsia-KUL->LSN flights-plane used is different as to Australia etc-so dont confuse. Its-for the time being-still an ex AirCanada plane-with all labels etc still in english+francais. The XXL are simply the former Bisnis class seats. Some have told that every now and then they are on special-making them even cheaper as a last minute (and then more expensive) normal seat. NO other bis-class frills though-like for food etc-thats the very same as eco-and payable too. Ive read plenty of reviews on that-forgot already where (Used it myself-in eco-a week or so after launching these flights in march). Guess it was on thaivisa.com-but dont blame me if it was not on there.
    also note that as per 1/11=winterschedules, AirAsia will CHANGE these flights-due to their success they get a new plane (dont know if thats the brand new AB then or another 2nd hand older)and then a fixed daily timing-now they go 5/week and on different times every day(a 28 hr rotating schedule). alas-the new set time are not the best-arr at KUL at 21.xx makes you have to overnight there for most. also Ive seen notices that in Low season=sept EVA and some otehrs are offering returns LON-BKK from as low as 333 GBP-limited nr-limited stays. try travelsupermarket or netflights or westeasttravel for quotes-and good luck with it