Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANY Updates on the banks

Re: ANY Updates on the banks

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Are there any commission-free ATMs in Pattaya apart from Lotus? It seems a long way from the centre of the city, judging by Google Earth.
    There is a UOB atm on 2nd road just past Boys Town on the same side. Just a little further on the other side is a GSB atm, still fee free.

Liked

Thanks, frodo77.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by hansiThe2
    Ok Aeon no ATM in Patong

does anyone know if there is GSB ATM there????

And if i use my Visa card inside the bank not ATM is there a 150 Baht fee????

UOB no fee!

After learning it all from this forum, I recently used UOB ATM on several occasions (the latest on July 5) withdrawing with US CapitalOne ATM card, and no fee was charged as it is also stated on the receipt slip: "FEE CHARGE: 0.00". The calculated exchange rate was good for the day at slightly above of 34BT/USD. The ATM is located on 2nd Rd and Soi 1 next to 7/11 just past the Boys Town walking towards Royal Garden Plaza. There is a visible illuminated sign. I call everybody to patronize this bank! All other ATMs I tried: green, blue, yellow etc did impose the 150 BT fee.

Patong there 3 atms that are UOB that are not charging the fee/dont bother trying the rest they all have the fee

exchange rate from atms are determined on your bank has nothing to do with banks in LOS

the 3 UOB atms in Patong are

1/ 100 metres south of entrance to Paradise (main bank & ATM)

2/ bangalar road in front shopping centre (ATM)

3/ Beach rd about 100 metres south from banglar road (ATM)

The rate has dropped already, probably a blip but its 54.80 something. I don't know what has happened on the markets but the US dollar is stronger at the moment, well the past day.

as usual, any thread that mentions the banks turns into a commentary on the fluctuations of the GBP, courtesy of you know who

Quote Originally Posted by dave_syd
    as usual, any thread that mentions the banks turns into a commentary on the fluctuations of the GBP, courtesy of you know who
    The poor old queen has to watch his pennies thats why he eats of the stalls with the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by andyinoz
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_syd
    The poor old queen has to watch his pennies thats why he eats of the stalls with the locals.
    Ha! Shows you how much you know about Thailand. All the richest people in the country eat at foodstalls -- because they know what is good. Even the palace gets take-out.

[quote=Beach Bunny]
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinoz
    Quote Originally Posted by "dave_syd":kst0yyzg
    Ha! Shows you how much you know about Thailand. All the richest people in the country eat at foodstalls -- because they know what is good. Even the palace gets take-out.[/quote:kst0yyzg]
    My intersests is that we support UOB as they the only bank that was tottaly against the 150B fee,they ar inforced to bring this fee in by August.It the only bank i will use in LOS
    By the way BB not the richest people eat there it looking after the locals ,i prefer to eat there too it proper thai food...