Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The family farm

Tose who love Thais, and those who hate temselves....

What and interesting bag of responses to this topic.
    I guess some people can't see beyond the "bar-boy slut" and think Thailand ends there.

Isn't it intresting that in America the "Family Farmer" is considerd the bulwark of American and democratic values, even though they now are only 3% of the population. And even in England the "Yeoman Farmer" is considerd the bedrock of their history (and I'm sure some Brits will correct me on my miss-assumption but that's what we were tought about you in school).
    And why should we be surprised that rural Thais are thought of as more "genune" than the new urban Thailand?
    The smiles upcountry are certainly more genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    .....wealth is (erroniously) measured in land. And besides...its not taxable like in the West.
    Not just yet, but taxing land is one of Tricky's intended policies.

Quote Originally Posted by mlomker
    I really like your posts, kenc. I'm starting to consider you one of the forum sages.
    Careful, kenc - beware of fawning gun nuts: look what happened to John Lennon.
    Well Mr. Fishing, I'm a fan of land tax only because it will help to break up the vast feudal landholdings of the rich, Royal and well connected. Alas it may also push the poor out of a non-productive enterprise as the OP first posited. Actually a difficult question. Should I reconsider?

And to Mlomker. No- I'm not a sage. Look at this topic and you can see many who's opinions are worth reading and some who are ...nutz.
    But I do agree with you one one thing..."Portable Property". (I can't remember, there's some Dickens character who kept saying that...) A lot of people don't realize that Real Estate is one of the most difficult investments to get into and out of. Not very liquid at all.

Re: Tose who love Thais, and those who hate temselves....

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Well Mr. Fishing, I'm a fan of land tax only because it will help to break up the vast feudal landholdings of the rich, Royal and well connected.
    Rhodesia tried land reform & they went from producing a surplus of food to people starving. Taking land away from experienced farmers can cause problems.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Rhodesia tried land reform & they went from producing a surplus of food to people starving. Taking land away from experienced farmers can cause problems.
    Rhodesia ... where have you been hiding. It has be Zimbabwe since 79. Mr Mugabe has done an astounding job, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    Rhodesia ... where have you been hiding. It has be Zimbabwe since 79.
    Maybe he's been hiding in South Vietnam. Or Miramar, even?

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    Maybe he's been hiding in South Vietnam. Or Miramar, even?
    It's MYANMAR!

Re: The family farm

Yeah, miramar is in florida. I caught that earlier too Pon, but didn't think much to correct it lol.