Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The family farm

Re: The family farm

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    The best (top of the line) title to land in Thailand is called a "chanot" title (fairly similar to what we in the US and England call "fee simple absolute" title) and almost all the "squatting" families can ultimately get that chanot title provided they have the means to pay for it ........Many Thai farmers don't bother with that process as they don't have the money, don't like to kiss asses, and know that nobody has ever challenged their right to exclusively occupy and use the land they've "always" had.
    Not quite correct - many Thai villages have never been surveyed at all, and there simply are no chanoots and no formal system of land regstration. In my partner's village, for example, which I know better than any other, nobody has a chanoot and the first upgrading to tor sor sam only took place last month.

Quote Originally Posted by total plonker
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    know that nobody has ever challenged their right to exclusively occupy and use the land they've "always" had.
    You're taking a more generous perspective than the typical Thaivisa poster, but I do agree with you regarding the facts. In reality these guys are 'leasing' the land whether they know it or not. Even if the families had a clear title they'd never allow it to leave the family, regardless of who is paying the bills.
    An "informed" view of "the facts", as usual. Who do you imagine "these guys are 'leasing' the land" from? Hopefully you will learn something when you visit the country, but somehow I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by lollylowlife
    Actually only one of my degrees is from Oxford, My two MAs are from a German University and from Sheffield respectively and my Doctorate is from London University.
    Strange that your degree from Oxford is not a Master's, or were you just being uncharacteristically modest - after all BA's from there are upgraded to MA's automatically after 7 years, which with your doctorate and other degrees must have passed by now. Have you met Pissyboy yet? He has similar qualifications, I believe ......

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    Actually only one of my degrees is from Oxford, My two MAs are from a German University and from Sheffield respectively and my Doctorate is from London University.
    Strange that your degree from Oxford is not a Master's, or were you just being uncharacteristically modest - after all BA's from there are upgraded to MA's automatically after 7 years, which with your doctorate and other degrees must have passed by now. Have you met Pissyboy yet? He has similar qualifications, I believe ......
    Go Fuckyourself - (are you sure you are related to hedda?)
    My doctorate is from a university in the US. I only have one masters
    I kind of figured you might have made the post in order to stir up the pot.
    If not I figured lollylowlife is a friend of yours. He has the same self-important demeanor.

PS - Stick with posting on guns and ammo - your ignorance of the social sciences is very embarrassing.
    As I said I am more than willing to prove my credientials.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Speaking of Oxford, Gone Fishing wrote "BA's from there are upgraded to MA's automatically after 7 years". Leaving aside the fact that you are using the possessive apostrophe incorrectly to denote a plural, actually Oxford BAs and MAs are not automatically upgraded. In fact they have to be applied for and paid for. But no academic in the know takes them seriously - especially since they are awarded within the same subject as one's first degree and hardly anyone goes on to postgrad study in the same subject as a BA or MA. I could have applied of course but what's the point of having a useless honorary degree? My two postgrad degrees are respectively in Renassance Studies and Existential/Phenomenological Philosophy - my first was in Humanities which included German, Cultural Studies, Critical Theory and Early Modern literature. My doctorate is a research Phd in Communication Theory. I'm glad you have a doctorate from a Stateside University though since American BAs are about the equivalent of a decent UK A level.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you love.

Do keep getting rattled all of you. I hate being ignored and it's working fine so far.

Liked

My two postgrad degrees are respectively in Renassance Studies and Existential/Phenomenological Philosophy - my first was in Humanities which included German, Cultural Studies, Critical Theory and Early Modern literature. My doctorate is a research Phd in Communication Theory. .
    I take it that the bullshit spouted above is code for "I am unemployed"? :cheers: :cheers:
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Actually Miss Colmx or whatever you call yourself I have no need of employment in the demeaning and drudge-like sense that you probably experienced it for as long as it takes you to scrape up enough money for your next cut-price airfare to the land of fake smiles. I haven't needed to work for several years as was in advertising during the affluent Thatcher years which left me very well off. I do work occasionally as a communications consultant however - for which i charge a couple of thousand dollars a day when I can be arsed - which is not very often as I prefer not to get out of bed until mid-day. But I'm also quite a successful writer and artist so not exactly short of a few shillings. Even so I wouldn't chuck it away on hookers like you lot seem to do with such alacrity.

And a paddy degree is worth a three dollar bill Fitguy.

Are you really fit? You sound a bit too intelligent and witty for this forum. I'll bet you are several cuts about this dross.

Do keep in touch.

But as for the rest of you - you're getting very predictable and dull. If you want me to keep posting you will have to ramp up the level of repartee and wit. Mundane cliched insults won't cut it I'm afraid.

Now yoou've been warned.

Keep me entertained or I shall have to stop posting.

Keep me entertained or I shall have to stop posting.
    promise?

Liked

as was in advertising during the affluent Thatcher years
    Christ almighty! How old are you???
    Jesus you sad old queens are so easy to wind up. Look - the reality is that you are all too c loseted, too old
    Looks like you are also an "old queen," unless you were working during your years at primary school.

My two postgrad degrees are respectively in Renassance Studies and Existential/Phenomenological Philosophy - my first was in Humanities which included German, Cultural Studies, Critical Theory and Early Modern literature. My doctorate is a research Phd in Communication Theory.
    Surely someone of your supposed intellect could spell correctly, and would have better things to do in life than post on a gay Asian website (especially as you say you are "not and never have been attracted to orientals"), getting excited from reading our responses. You seem the revel in the fact that we are all
    getting rattled
    . Not really. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Oh, and just love that
    Existential/Phenomenological Philosophy
    course. Must have been LOTS of students studying that one! hehe

Your posts also prove conclusively that you obviously failed
    Communication Theory
    Du luegst.

Liked

Likewise a pass degree from Oxford can not be "upgraded" to an M.A.

Oh yes - I missed the "i" out of "renaissance". Not like me to forget about an "I" as I am usually so self obsessed. Actually I am in my forties (much of my study was part-time during periods when i was working and earning as a freelance creative director so I had lots of time and flexibility) so I don't qualify as an old queen yet - although one looks forward to the day when one can revel in the appellation. Thank you for demonstrating your profound understanding of the German language a447 but for future reference please learn the difference between "du" and "sie" and avoid using the familiar in any correspondence addressed to me. "Sie l├╝gen" would have been quite good enough for you dear - do remember your place when addressing your superiors. On the subject of phenomenology you could do with a short course in sentential logic in order to correct the misapprehension that anything in my posts "proves conclusively" that I have failed. I can recommend a couple of good books which might improve your reasoning and comprehension skills but since they have words of more than two syllables in them you probably wouldn't be interested. And just for your records love I got a 2.1 in my first degree, a pass in my first MA, a distinction in my second MA and one either gets a doctorate or doesn't so that should speak for itself. If you understood the slightest thing about postgraduate study you would also realise that the whole point of an MA is to study something no-one else is looking at. It's called "Originality" and it's rather expected of one. So you will see that I don't lie at all - although I'm sure you derive some absurd and misplaced gratification from allowing yourself to believe I do. Probably in just the same way that you allow yourself to believe that there is any genuine affection in your tawdry commercial relationship with whatever duplicitous little hooker you are currently involved with. Still if self-delusion keeps you off suicide watch who am I to drag you back into reality. Nonetheless you might find it worthwhile to notice a pattern.

Speaking of originality or the lack of it I regret to say I am finding all your responses tedious, unchallenging and rather unworthy of my polished wit, shining insight and acerbic repartee. You were warned about this but paid no attention so you have only yourselves to blame for the fact that I will not be posting for a while. When I do I will return with a completly different handle so don't bother watching out for me as I am now going to a better place. And any replies or privates to Lolly will sadly remain unread.

Until she strikes again - rising phoenix-like to piss you all off again with a new collection of unpleasant but necessary home truths.

Until then ladies, don't orget to keep your hands on your holiday money next time your favourite prossie asks you to buy a new water buffalo for his aging mother.

Chances are every satang will go on р╕вр╕▓р╕Ър╣Йр╕▓

р╕кр╕зр╕▒р╕кр╕Фр╕╡ from the fabulous Madame Lolly