Take Care. ........... This local expression seemed as good as any to entitle the subject of a serious tale. I use a new name because I do not want possible identification, but the story has reached me of the death of a boy in Chiangrai from AIDS. Some in Pattaya will know him well. He worked, even while ill, at Kaos, although my source tells me that the bar was very good to him and did not allow him to go with a customer.
The 'boy', aged 29, did not worry about this himself and it seems that he threw caution to the winds in what he knew were his last weeks. He went with farang, and had unprotected sex at least once with a farang in Sunnee Plaza who was not aware of the boys status. My source tells me that he estimates that 20% of encounters are without a condom, and that the boys often agree because they are generally on Yabba.
This is common knowledge because the boys compare notes. It will not until now be common knowledge on the other side of the divide, so I think that this is our way of comparing notes. It needs to be.
The farang will no doubt be unaware of the position, but further unprotected sex will have the results we know.

Some of his friends from Sunnee Plaza hope to go to Dara's( I think that is the name) funeral in Chiangrai tomorrow.
Another young life wasted.