Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A Question about Off's

Liked

A Question about Off's

I have been to Thailand a couple of times and I usually just off a boy for one night. I will be in Pattaya in May, and I usually travel with a friend (non-sexual friend) but this time I am traveling alone and might like to have some more steady company. My question is if you want to take a boy for a longer period of time, how does it work with the bar? I have heard different scenarios. Is the boy responsible for the off fee every night that he does not show up for work and/or does is vary from bar to bar?

Re: A Question about Off's

It's straight forward. You pay the bar's off fee directly for every night you have the boy off. The boy's fee should be arranged with him at the time you decide to take him long time: how much and payment schedule...everyday, every three days, at the end of the off. Most boys will want to be paid daily. If you are happy with his service during the time you have him off give him a nice tip when it is time for you to go home.

If you plan to off a young man for more than a couple of nights, negotiate a reduced per night fee. The young man, the bar and you all benefit by the guaranteed service. No way should you be paying a one night off fee for an extended period; and the bar does not expect a suave patron to pay the full price for an extend period.

In Thailand everything is negotiable. Never seem to eager, take your time and be ready to walk away. You will be amazed at how fast a counter offer will be made. And remember, there are many, many young lads (and bars) who will welcome a longer term off.

PS - you will be surprised by the discount

Liked

Unless you are committed to bar boys, you might also expand your search the boys in the lobby of your hotel. I met a young Thai guy at Howards back in about 2002 and have seen him for most of my visits since. He has gone to Germany with a farang and is learning German. He has sent me a few emails that have assured me he is not frozen solid by the German winters. He does not like the cold but has adapted to the different climate. I am happy for him and for the German farang as well, because the German guy has a real jewel of a Thai guy in his home.