Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone Sim card

Liked: 1

Mobile Phone Sim card

I have 7 days to go till im back in LOS (phuket) im after a sim for mobile .1 that good all round ,local and international texts and calls...

Re: Mobile Phone Sim card

Quote Originally Posted by gra46
    I have 7 days to go till im back in LOS (phuket) im after a sim for mobile .1 that good all round ,local and international texts and calls...
    Available from Seven-Eleven 50 Baht. AIS or DTAC. Put it in the phone then add some credit.

I normally use True, they are especially good at international text and calls. Many time I have not recieved sms from abroad when using 1-2-call SIM. So if I by mistake have bought a "starting kit" from 1-2-call, I have always regretted and changed to True Move. On 1-2-call you will also get a lot of crap sms's.
    When I was in Thailand this month True had some promotions, if you just buy 10 bht "top up" your number will stay active one year. Now they also offer international connection ala Skype from your mobile, you have to type the number, 0600026000, just follow the instruction, good quality and prices from 1 bht a minute, or use 006 before typing the number, from 4 bht, International SMS 5 bht.
    I bought my last "starting kit" from the True shop, after immigration and luggage, at BKK airport. True have different kinds of SIM-card, so I am always buying my "starting kit" from a real phone shop, and then buy top up from 7-11 or Tesco. Just my experiences.

The price for the SIM is 49 BHT, and the name is Inter SIM.

Edited to give some more facts about the SIM card, but you can also follow the links to see the rules and where to buy it:

http://www.truemove.com/eng/product/pac ... _inter.htm
    http://www.truemove.com/eng/home.htm

i would not recommend true. the coverage is not as good as 1 2 call. this is even more important if you will be calling from more remote areas then just down town pattaya.

Different people different experiences.

I have had excellent customer service from True both from their department in Silom Road and by phone.

1-2-call could not at all help me, when I was not able to recieve my sms, both on phone and in their own shops. I think I tried to get help in both Bangkok and Chiang Mai. I was waiting important sms from different people, two of them workrelated. I had both written the number +668xxxxx in the SMS and that was also the number people could see when I had sms them. The only answer was "it should work" now. When I had experienced the same problem with 2 different SIMs from 1-2-call, and had used at lot of hours to solve the problems, I switched to True and everything worked from day one.
    I also hate all the advertises and promotions filling your inbox on 1-2-call.

Maybe I have had just back luck using 1-2-call.

I know 1-2-call has better coverage, but untill now, Mae Sot, Mae Hong Song, Kon Kaen, Auttaya, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Pattaya, Koh Samet, Koh Chang, I have had no problem using it. So for a normal visitor it should be enough.
    There are even areas 1-2-call does not cover.

And don't for get to add "9" to the country code when calling overseas from Thailand, eg. UK 00944 ..... and see the difference in the cost! Call England 15 mins for 100 Baht (approx)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by both-hans
    And don't for get to add "9" to the country code when calling overseas from Thailand, eg. UK 00944 ..... and see the difference in the cost! Call England 15 mins for 100 Baht (approx)
    Thanks for that advice. I didn't realize 009 worked for mobiles! I use it for landline, but never tried it on my mobile phone.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Available from Seven-Eleven 50 Baht. AIS or DTAC. Put it in the phone then add some credit.
    No, it is 99 baht. I just bought a DTAC sim from a 7-11 in BKK card 2 days ago.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    Tell me more about it, how it works with credit

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    It depends on the promotion - some sims cost 2 baht at 7-11 after you spend 40 baht, but they will seldom be offered to farangs unless you ask (a bit like the stamps, in some branches!).