Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: "Name That Tune"

"Name That Tune"

Okay, to any visitor of Wild West Boy in Pattaya. The few times I have visited over the last several months, whenever they get to the fire eating/performing part of the nightly cabaret show, they play a version of the song, "It Never Rains in Southern California." Does anyone know what version of the song they play? I cannot tell if it is a true cover or just a remixed version of Albert Hammond's original. Anyone who can produce the right answer will get good karma, my undying gratitude, and a special gift to be determined at some later date.

-J

Liked

Re: "Name That Tune"

I don't recall that tune being played when I was there, but if you go to You Tube.com and type in It Never Rains in California,, some 60 varieties of it will pop up and if you scroll through them I'm pretty sure you will find the one you are looking for.

Liked

a British group called "Smokie" also had a good version of this song but I can't find it on utube.

they also had a hit with a song called "living next door to Alice" all together now "----- --- --- ---- -- -----"
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

I have scoured YouTube but have yet to find the correct version. I have noticed that one version, attributed to a band called "Double U" comes in a variety of remixes, but I have heard only one version, and it does not sound like the correct one. Hopefully when I return to Pattaya in April, they will not have changed the playlist, and they will play the song again. Otherwise, the hunt continue.

-J

Liked

Hi Jfarmer017,

Since this is your first post I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

I have listened to that song at WWB and it is catchy, but no idea who performed that version.

I am certain if a poster here knows the answer, he will let you know.

I hope you will continue to contribute to the board in the future and help others with their questions as others have helped you.

Karma works both ways you know? :thumbright:
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana