Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: short time vs. long time

short time vs. long time

I am only a few days away from my flight to Thailand, I do have a question regarding the bar boy. Okay, I will be in Thailand this very Wednesday, and I will probably be going to a bar around Silom the same night. I am thinking about bring the boy over to my hotel room for a whole night, with posibly taking him around the country for a week or so if things working out well. If I wanted to have that kind of service, how much am I expecting to pay the boy ? Do I have to pay for the bar fee for the day that he didn't work ? Thanks

Liked

Re: short time vs. long time

Put aside 500B for each day he is with you, feed him enough, shelter him, and pay for his tickets and incidental purchases like tooth brush etc, or little gifts, and at the end of your trip if he performs reasonably well, double the daily allowance as a bonus. If he has been a great companion and a stellar performer, you can reward him as to your heart's content, "├╝p to you" really...If he misbehaves, send him packing at first light with that 500B daily allowance. :cherry:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by nanette
    Put aside 500B for each day he is with you, feed him enough, shelter him, and pay for his tickets and incidental purchases like tooth brush etc, or little gifts, and at the end of your trip if he performs reasonably well, double the daily allowance as a bonus. If he has been a great companion and a stellar performer, you can reward him as to your heart's content, "├╝p to you" really...If he misbehaves, send him packing at first light with that 500B daily allowance. :cherry:

if you off him from a bar the bar will fine him the off fee each night he is away he might not know that until he returns

if that happens he gets nothing
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Carrera, you are going to have a wonderful time. Nothing ever quite compares to that first visit. A few suggestions though.

You almost make it sound as if you are going to choose a boy as a companion for a tour around the country on the basis of one night of bliss in your hotel. That can work out, then again it might not. I would suggest stay in Bangkok for a day or two, go to places you want to see and do things you want to do with the boy along. If that works out, then think of going farther afield with him. Unless you speak Thai, you need to choose a boy who can speak some English for a longer off. It is very, very difficult for two people to spend a week together and have a good time if they barely understand each other.

Don't ask the boy what he wants to do, tell him what you want to do. (In the nicest possible way, of course). He will be trying to please you, and he won't have much idea of how you want to spend your time. Ask him what he wants and the answer will be "up to you" in all probability. Remember it is your holiday not his - he is working.

Personally, if I off a boy for a week or more, I give him the chance of a day off. That's up to you, of course, but I think that after putting up with a middle aged farang like me for a week, he's entitled to a night out with his friends. They won't by any means always accept the offer (probably in case you off another boy while their back is turned!)

LW makes a good point. Fairest thing is, once you have definitely decided you want to off a boy long time, to go to the bar and make a deal with the mamasan to pay off fees for a week or whatever in advance. You should get a discount for this - no boy is offed every night of the week. Buy the mamasan a drink before you start negotiating - it's an investment that pays.

Have fun - Thailand's a great place to do that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Too much planning based on fantasy perceptions of reality. Too many
    variables exist and unless you cannot bear to be alone, play the field,
    check out a couple of different guys and don't make any committments
    unless you cannot be alone and believe in love/lust at first sight.. good luck
    and let us know how it all works out..
    We all love a story no matter how it works out.. :cat:

Nobody listens to advice anyway and everyone has to learn for themselves..
    It is just the way it is but sometimes at least one can make mistakes with their eyes open and foreknowledge is always useful even if ignored..

You ARE going to spend more than one night in Bangkok I trust? There's quite few sights in the city, so even on a short trip, it must be worth at least 2 days & 3 nights. Preferably longer.

Now unless the first guy you off is almost perfect, 3 nights should mean visiting an absolute minimum of 3 gogo bars & trying more than one guy.

Liked

I fell in love on my first visit to LoS, but NOT with the first boy I offed. I'd been there a week before I offed him and we really hit it off. He had good English, was great fun to be with, and on subsequent visits, proved to be an excellent travelling companion (I spent a few days in Isaan with him while he visited his family, and it's the best time I ever spent in Thailand). Last year, I offed a boy for a week and went to Koh Chang - again, he was good company, reasonable English, and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I'd do it again.

I think it's expected that you pay the bar fine for the days you're taking the boy, but as mentioned above, a discount can be negotiated.

Don't rush into making a decision on this - it would be awful to be stuck in Chiang Mai (or wherever) with some young guy you're bored with.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

After my first time in LoS I've decided to off them for a short time for one night only.

No more few days in a row for one boy.