Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Air London BKK London

Thai Air London BKK London

I noticed that Thai Airways are now using the new Air Bus, well from mid April certainly, for the London BKK London - on the night flight from BKK to London and the day flight from London to BKK, the other flights are still using the 747s.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Re: Thai Air London BKK London

Think they using the older airbus im afraid.

i beleive its the A340, lower capacity and therefore cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    You mean the A380? I did not know that they had any yet.
    I did'nt say A380, err! All I said was "Air Bus". Anyway, it is Air Bus A346 according to the Ebookers site.

Quote Originally Posted by romania
    They don't.

But then White Desire has never let small details like that stop him posting inaccurate information to these boards in the past.
    You obviously did'nt read my post first only a quick glance at it. As you will from the above post, "Air Bus" was all I quoted, I never quoted anything else. You will see from the info posted above to Fattman. I was going to make a joke of it, but I think what I have to say below is a better one.

Nowwwwwwwwwww, I have never heard of you "Romaniaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", and more importantly, I noticed you joined this board on 16 January 2009, and you said I have posted inaccurate information before. Ermmmmm, wonder who this "alias" is?????? Let's leave it to the other board members to work that one out, I know I have.

I did'nt say A380, err! All I said was "Air Bus".
    NO! You didn't! You said "new Airbus". Most people are going to think you meant the A380. It is disingenuous of you to claim otherwise.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

London to Bangkok-by all means jump on the first available thing with wings and get the hell out of that god awful town.

Forget the return trip..what the hell has happened to my favourite city where I had my best fucks ?

Overpriced, dreadful weather and full of miserable looking sods all dressed by the Top Shop or Woolworths before they went bust (sorry White Desire but you know it's true)

I mean a trip to Wales on the once OK BritIsh Rail (admitedly ramshackle at the best of times) cost me a staggering 130 pounds ! Madness !..thats nearly $US350 for a dodgy service which you take your life in your hands-being all those old railworkers who tendered the tracks have been sacked (unionists!) so arriving alive is the luck of the draw.

Hate the place-gone to the dogs.

For God's sake-someone buy me a drink (you need a mortgage to get a G&T on a British train) ukeright:
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by romania
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    I did'nt say A380, err! All I said was "Air Bus". Anyway, it is Air Bus A346 according to the Ebookers site.
    It looks as though you are unable to even read your own writings, for what you actually wrote is:

Thai Airways are now using the new Air Bus :cheers:
    Ok, I'm wrong, this is not our "departed regular".

Back to the subject, new, old, whatever, I said "Air Bus", I only said "Air Bus", I did'nt say A380, A340, I'm still only saying "Air Bus". There is only one "Air Bus" that has been recently in the news, sorry media, better not use any double-meaning works, such as "new" in it; "Air Bus" was in inverted commas, which means there was text before and after, get the logic Romania!! Do I need to spell it out?

Liked

Yes, Thai Airways are now using the A340-600 (so abbreviated to A346) on the LHR-BKK overnight flights. This was originally a temporary measure until March in the face of reduced demand, but has recently been extended through the Summer. The daytime flights are still 747s. These aircraft were originally purchased for the now defunct, ultra-long haul New York-BKK route.

Pros:
    -They have video on demand in economy, unlike the 747s (but it's a night flight, you should be sleeping).
    -They have 50% more business class seats than the 747s (60 vs. 40). Fully half the plane is premium class.
    -They have a 2-4-2 seat configuration in economy, so if you're travelling in a couple it's easy to get 2 seats together without one of you having to wrestle for control of the shared armrest with your unknown neighbour.

Cons:
    -The video on demand equipment severely restricts leg room underneath a large proportion of the economy seats.
    -The cabin is signficantly smaller in width and height than a 747, and therefore I find it more claustrophobic for long haul flights.

See seatguru.com for more details.

Thanks for the information Nathan.

It's actually the day flights from London to BKK that are using the new Airbus A346, and the night flights from BKK to London.