Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Homi Alive?

Liked

Re: Is Homi Alive?

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian
    Consider the following facts.

The news was broken by a relativley newbie poster with an interesting history of previous posts.

The poster 'Sathorn' who first posted the news that Homintern had died is indeed a 'new' member, as well as one who has posted only a few messages. That is hardly indicative of anything 'interesting' ... on the contrary, it's often a common characteristic for newbies on an edgy & argumentative Board such as Sawatdee.

The very fact that he's 'new' makes me think he's just a board reader (of which Sawatdee has many) who knew Homintern very well in life-outside-this-Board and decided to announce the death of his friend whom he knew to be so prolific on the Board. In other words, he "thought we'd like to know".

The news contained what purported to be his real name.

'Sathorn' referred to Homintern's real name as 'Stephen'. That is exactly as I knew him. Homintern and I have a long and rich PM'ing history on Sawatdee ... and in each PM he signed off not as 'Homintern', but as 'Stephen' (but no last name). A coincidence? Doubtful.

The British Embassy have no knowledge of anyone of that name dying in Thailand within the timescales.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death until it was actually reported. We have no idea of where, when, or under what circumstances (besides the cause being 'heart attack') of time, company, travel etc etc.
    Has anyone checked over the last day or so? Will anyone check tomorrow, or the next day, or the next?

The original poster has not commented further despite requests to do so.

'Sathorn' seems as reclusive on the Board as Homintern was omnipresent. He posted his news and then decided to say nothing ... especially with some of the more nasty posts happening on the now-locked thread (e.g. this piece of excrement from 'Aunty': " ... If true, good riddance to bad rubbish) ...".
    Perhaps he has the same impish predilection that Homintern had .... lord knows most guys who relish that kind of behavior tend to stick together.

No-one else has confirmed the news.

Perhaps no one else he hung out with were members or readers of Sawatdee, or any of the gay boards. Perhaps Homintern was in the closet. Perhaps he wasn't gay.
    The fact that no one has 'confirmed' a death of a friend by posting a message on a gay Thailand Board seems to me entirely meaningless, and tells us precisely nothing.

As I mentioned above, Homintern (Stephen) and I PM'ed each other all the time, over many years, about the wonderfull weirdnesses of this Board ~ especially regarding the Hydra Head bullshit of a few years ago.
    But I could not get the man to express any interest whatsoever in getting together over a beer or lunch whenever I happened to be in Bangkok. It was not for lack of trying ... I had made the offer at least a half dozen times over the years (I gave up and stopped trying about a year ago). This leads me to believe that in fact there is a very reasonable chance he actually knows no one on this Board in person. That was his choice, and in fact that is the (unfortunate, it turns out) dynamic which has caused the 'questionings' as the the truth of it which have been generated by Sathorn's original post

So, was he out of the country? Is it all a hoax or a wind up? WIll we ever know?
    Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    ....I am totally surprised that no-one else has ever actually spoken to him. I will miss the short communications we have when I am in BKK. ....
    Are you telling us that you actually met him and spoke to him ... or that you received PM's from him?

No one on this board has admitted to ever meeting a 'Colonel Stephen Johnson' except for a poster called Sathorn who told us Homintern had died and has a style remarkably similar to Homintern.

Ask around the bars of Silom that Homintern frequented and nobody has ever heard of Stephen Johnson. Even those bar owners frequently slagged off by Homintern have never heard of Stephen Johnson!

It is becoming clear that whoever Homintern is or was he was never a genuine Colonel and just a persona from someone's imagination with a gift for writing things in an acerbic manner and spreading malicious gossip.

Let's all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Homi's blog is currently show ...
    It's a trick!

Remember what I warned you all. Don't ANYONE click that link to his blog!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    If anything HAS happened to him <snip>
    Homi and Lunchtime are the only ones who can raise a titter.
    ANYONE at Sawatdee that can't see that The Colonel IS "relativley newbie poster with an interesting history" IS the Scro-tish fella IS the L.O.Botomy then they need to have their eyes reexamined.

He's just another American ashamed to admit it. He's pulling a disappearing act determined to generate SYMPATHY for himself to get back at those who put him on the system {IGNORE} list on the old board to punish him for his childish stupidity. There's little chance of that. And then those creepy obscene PMs to yours truly claiming to want to smell my underpanties that I dutifully forwarded to the management (thank you).

Little did you all not also know that he did not in fact attend the awards in order to receive the award! And I have to note that I missed the voting as my dear partner was in the hospital, and I could assure you that I would NOT have voted for him. Shame I wasn't around then.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daizy
    And then those creepy obscene PMs to yours truly claiming to want to smell my underpanties that I dutifully forwarded to the management (thank you).

So what did management do with the panties you forwarded and if they were "forwarded" who sent them to you in the first place?

Is there some secretive sub-forum whose members "circulate" used panties?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by padlom
    ....I am totally surprised that no-one else has ever actually spoken to him. I will miss the short communications we have when I am in BKK. ....
    Are you telling us that you actually met him and spoke to him ... or that you received PM's from him?

No one on this board has admitted to ever meeting a 'Colonel Stephen Johnson' except for a poster called Sathorn who told us Homintern had died and has a style remarkably similar to Homintern.
    As I stated, I PM'd Homi before each of my last 3 visits. We spoke on the phone briefly (he would contact me) when I arrived and try and get our schedules sorted. We did not meet however.

I personally hope that this is just a hoax and he moved to Singapore along with the family business and is laughing himself silly. I can't see it though. What the hell is he going to do now if he can't torment smiles and the rest of us?

Buggered if I know.

krobbie

Liked

We did not meat however.

Buggered if I know.

krobbie

I think your (Freudian) slip is showing.

Liked

I have been living in Bangkok now for 4 years and never met Homi but not for a lack of trying. He always responded to PM 's but never went so far as to provide a phone or even tell me where he lived in Bangkok. He never came out directly and refused to meet but he seemed to always have excuses, so after a while, I just gave up. His PM's and in chat he appeared more polite and friendly in contrast to his somtimes colorful posts. When I asked him why, he's response was always, "it's just for fun, dear boy" I liked being called a boy.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I have been living in Bangkok now for 4 years and never met Homi but not for a lack of trying. He always responded to PM 's but never went so far as to provide a phone or even tell me where he lived in Bangkok. He never came out directly and refused to meet but he seemed to always have excuses, so after a while, I just gave up. His PM's and in chat he appeared more polite and friendly in contrast to his somtimes colorful posts. When I asked him why, he's response was always, "it's just for fun, dear boy" I liked being called a boy.

So if no one's met him maybe he didn't stay in Thailand. Maybe he was in some assisted living facility in Oz and just got cantankerous while waiting for the enemas to purge his issues.

The British Embassy have no knowledge of anyone of that name dying in Thailand within the timescales.

The Embassy would probably not have knowledge of a citizen's death ...
    Why would the British Embassy have information on an Australian?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by x in pattaya

We did not meat however.

Buggered if I know.

krobbie

I think your (Freudian) slip is showing.
    Thanks for that x. Have edited now.

I nearly had a turn when I saw what a gift that slip was, not to mention the sheer embarrassment.

A spelling error is all well and good and can be overlooked at times, but MEAT? :rolling:
    You may just have beaten Homi to the punch on this, although he was quite lenient with me.

krobbie

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Exactly my experience Trongpai. Did he sign the PM's as Stephen?
    Thanks for this post, as it mirrors fairly well my PM-only relationship with Homintern/The Colonel.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand