Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lotus Hotel

Liked

The Lotus Hotel

The Lotus Hotel

IтАЩve been to Chiang Mai many times, but this is the first time that IтАЩve had the pleasure of staying at the Lotus Hotel. Having been around for the past ten years, it is not the same Lotus Hotel / тАШAdamтАЩs Apple that existed here before then.

While many tourists stay close to Tapae Gate, the side of town where the Lotus Hotel is located is very convenient for gay tourists. The Hotel is located directly across the street from AdamтАЩs Apple and within easy walking distance of a few other great places to hit at night. I walked to and from the centre of the old city a few times. The Hotel has a large lit yellow sign on Chang Khlan to point you back to the hotel. The hardest part about walking is (as always) crossing the street. They have installed Walk Lights at what once was the hardest part, the Moat. There are baht buses (sawnthaew) running up and down the major arteries and it works the same as it does in Pattaya. Chiang Mai is a very clean city in Thai standards with virtually no garbage to trip over and Th Chang Khlan is well maintained, unlike Tapae Road with the usual hazards of broken sewers, holes and missing tiles.

The Lotus Hotel is one of the first тАЬboutique hotelsтАЩ that I have stayed at that actually lives up to that description. The rooms are tastefully decorated have all those little extras that separates it from just another hotel room. The bathroom is well equipped with all of the various towels that I am used to living with at home. I found the price to be very reasonable with quite a lot more value than the slightly cheaper place I stayed at last time I was I town. I was impressed at how quiet the hotel is for sleeping at night or having a nap during the day. Just across the street and under / beside AdamтАЩs Apple, you can use the Internet for about 15 baht / hour 24 hours / day. The place is full of boys and a few girls playing online games. The noise can be distracting, but headsets are available. The boys can be distracting too, but IтАЩve already mentioned that in another thread.

The staff is very friendly and looks after you very well from the moment they pick you up at the airport to the moment you are away. You can book your stay online and check out the hotel and rooms on their web site. Although there are several other gay / gay friendly alternatives in Chiang Mai, I recommend the Lotus Hotel.

Surfcrest

Liked

Chiang Mai

Surfcrest - just like to say thank you for your various Chiang Mai reports. Found them to be very good and informative

Chiang Mai

Pandora the hotel looks fabulous. And very good prices. Be aware there are 2 lotus hotels the other a mega 690 rooms 13 floors 2wing shopping plaza, monster.This is were I went first and thought Pandora had fallen on its head.

The other looks charming, thanks for that. I might try over Easter. Having a bit of trouble deciding where to go. The American customs officers coming out of Florida day before just shredded and destroyed 2 of my most precious hibiscus plants, after which they stuffed them back into my suit-case and clamped it shut . I mean do hibiscus look like bombs? My suitcase looks like one exploded in it,soil every-where. I will never be able to replace "High voltage" or "Orange Pride" so I might just end up trawling Jattujak market over Easter.

Pandora in case I dont end up in Bangkok again, do you know of any delightful hotels up on the Mai Hong Son route you know up in the those glorious dry mountain forests before you descend down to the small town of Pai? Its a lovely long drive from Chiang Mai. The ones in Pai itself are a bit hippy meets grunge on a budget.

Liked
    Pai...........Go stay at Tha Spa Camping.....5km from town..........blistfully quiet............beautiful views and most importantly hot springs...........even the shower water is thermal

Re: Chiang Mai

Quote Originally Posted by pandorasbox
    Surfcrest - just like to say thank you for your various Chiang Mai reports. Found them to be very good and informative
    I concur Pandora. Surfcrest - I am sorry I wasn't the first to mention how appreciated your posts are. I am hoping to include Chiang Mai in my holiday, and it is great to have up-to-date, firsthand comments. What are the prices like at the Lotus?

sub-tropics

Thai spa camping? I will look into that, I suppose they have a web site. I would prefer up in the hills, there is something strangely wonderful about them, and the climate is just so eternally Autumn. I didn't see many people but those I did see were mysterious and shy, there the one minute gone the next. Made me want to run headlong into the trees.
    Never found any hotels. Maybe there aren't any.

Liked
    http://www.thai-tour.com/thai-tour/Nort ... /index.htm

Cabins are secluded so great for a dirty time....................

They have a shuttle into Pai where there are such joys as more backpackers than Thais and drunken Israelis on motorcycles
    Also a few OK restaurants cafes and from what I could see 0% homos

Liked
    I have had good and bad experiences with the Lotus hotel. Nothing so bad that it would change my mind about staying there but bad enough that I am surprised they did not discount the room.

I took a Suite and the place was ripe with the strong smell of mildew. Service was top notch, some glitches with the room but I enjoyed my stay.... but that mildew smell....
    These are the good'ol days

Liked
    I would not go back to the Lotus. Overpriced for tiny rooms. Montri was recommended to me

Im Afraid i wouldnt go back to the Lotus either. Rooms are very small and cost far too much, and have to pay extra for breakfast. I found the Novotel great and very gay friendly, no problem with boy staying. Still i like the larger hotels anyway.