Quote Originally Posted by brandon
By HD DVD's do you mean Blu-Ray or HD or something else? Yes, here in the US HD DVD's were phased out. Most DVD players are now upconverting & go for about $80-100 US. Blue-ray DVD players are about $200 US, but I just use a laptop.

When you talk about "high res" are you referring to TV's at 1080-i or 1080-p resolution or something different? I've heard electronics are more advanced in most Asian and European countries than the US (especially cell phones).

The 16 GB Stick -- is that a Sony Memory Stick or something else? This past Xmas the bigger electronic stores were giving out 8 and 16 GB USB memory keys free to early shoppers and as promotional items. A 32 GB USB costs about $25 US.

I wouldn't bring any electronics with me, but just give whatever I have to people here & buy all new over there.
Did I say HD DVD? DVD is DVD is standard resolution no matter. Upconverted DVD is not HD. True HD is video stored and delivered at HD resolutions and played on an HD TV that was ALSO recorded using HD photo techniques, ie. recorded 720 or 1080 like my HD camera with the 16 GByte Duo stick.

I don't think USB/USB sticks are sufficient for HD delivery.

Well, feel safe bringing your 110 only appliances. Converters are cheap. And you can move from your NTSC only players to multisystem eventually rather easily here.