List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A potentially dangerous Board glitch ...

Liked

A potentially dangerous Board glitch ...

This happened to me during the composition of a PM, and then once again in testing the regular forum posting:

I pasted a URL address into the 'Compose Message' pane as part of my message ... then I finished the message ... then I clicked 'Preview' where I checked to see if the message was as I wished it to be. As I have done a million times on the Old Board Version I clicked on the URL in the preview to check that is was a good link, then I hit the back button (as I have done a million times on the previous version) to go back to the Preview/Compose window ... and GOODBYE MESSAGE. Lost the whole thing, and quite unrecoverable.

This did not happen on the old phpBB version . . . it was always possible to check the link and then click back into the message to complete and send it.

So please be careful. If you check a URL link in 'Preview' mode, do yourself a favour and copy the entire message first. This will ensure that you can at least start again in a new 'Compose' window with your saved post intact.
    This is especially annoying when it is a long and/or important post.
    Not sure if there is an easy fix to this ( I hope so ), but if not then at least you can accomplish the second-best option by using the copy&paste feature.

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Re: A potentially dangerous Board glitch ...

"dangerous" is a strong word...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gra45
    Quote Originally Posted by imacnLA
    "dangerous" is a strong word...
    I like the new version it even rejects and says goodbye to his shit!!!!! :clown:
    Yep ... almost as good as the Board's great version of the 'Ignore' feature ... which you just got yourself on (I'm sure you're wounded).
    I've always advocated ignoring trolls but up to now have not always done so: they're pea brains are often educational. But you buster are my one-and-only 'Ignore' member.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles

I've always advocated ignoring trolls but up to now have not always done so: they're pea brains are often educational.

Cheers ...
    Pardon? Do you mean persons employed in education. I have rarely seen a more troll like expression than that.

Further your use of the word "dangerous" rather than "inconvenient" above might be considered trolling.

Jeeze louise! I didn't mean to upset you so much! (Not that you will be able to read this since I am on "ignore" ... which is a button I wish I had in grade school).

It's just that when you say "dangerous" -- I think, what? A virus? ID theft? A case in which a pedophile is amongst us and we are all under investigation? Yikes? What could it be??

In any case, my apologies. I wouldn't come to a board just to cause drama, I come to read interesting stories and get to relive my wonderful Thailand trips for a few minutes.

Adios. :salute:

Liked

You could always right-click the link and opt to open it in a new tab so that the page with the long and/or important post remains visible.

I've definitely posted some long messages, but would be hesitant to describe any as long and important.

What exactly were we all deprived of reading?

Liked

you be the next wounded and on the little boys ignore list
    Over the years, on numerous message boards, he's wounded me often, but I can't be ignored since I have his mobile number. :clown:

P.S. I should add that the man is a saint, an absolute saint, who would far rather turn the other cheek ottytrain2: than resort to retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by x in pattaya
    Over the years, on numerous message boards, he's wounded me often, but I can't be ignored since I have his mobile number. :clown:

P.S. I should add that the man is a saint, an absolute saint, who would far rather turn the other cheek ottytrain2: than resort to retaliation.
    Perhaps, but an explanation of his apparent abuse of those engaged in education might be timely.

As I understand it, canonisation takes about 300 years. Are you sure we are talking of the same person? His avatar does not show him as that old?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    Quote Originally Posted by x in pattaya

Perhaps, but an explanation of his apparent abuse of those engaged in education might be timely.

As I understand it, canonisation takes about 300 years. Are you sure we are talking of the same person? His avatar does not show him as that old?
    His cell number so, now I understand the return of X

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Liked

it's happened to me several times !

I spend hours composing these brilliant messages to educate the great unwashed on here..only to have them disappear into a void. :scratch:

It's enough to drive one to drink.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.