Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Sex in Norway

Buying Sex in Norway

What has this to do with Thailand you may well ask, well as of today, a new law has come into force in Norway making the purchase of sex illegal. Norwegian citizens caught paying for prostitutes at home or abroad could face a hefty fine or a six-month prison sentence, authorities say.

There are also similar laws in other Scandinavian countries. The tough new measures go further than similar ones introduced by other Scandinavian countries such as Sweden and Finland.

Norwegian police have been authorised to use wire-tapping devices to gather evidence.

Liked

Re: Buying Sex in Norway

Damn that is untimely. Last night on TV the 2008 Edinburgh Tattoo was shown and one of the highlights was the King of Norways personal guard, all 19, conscripts and delicious. I was just cruising the net to find air fares and travel details

OMG they were handsome
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Well so much for sexual... opps I mean, cival Liberties. Wire tapping ... sounds like the Good old USA.

All the best

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

That's just repression of people's basic freedoms. I'd expect this from Saudi Arabia, but not the
    Scandinavian countries.

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    That's just repression of people's basic freedoms. I'd expect this from Saudi Arabia, but not the
    Scandinavian countries.
    really? I think you'll find that their ethos stems from a concern about exploitation of weaker members of society.

A couple of years ago when we sailed through Kristiansand we were boarded by a very delectable assortment of East Asian gentlemen. My partner opined that they were "procurable".

Banning a business/recreation activity because some participants could benefit from protection is the wrong way to tackle it.
    Also, the government should not believe it has the right to prohibit any form of private sexual activity between consenting adults.

You could equally argue for the prohibition of alcohol, tobacco or religion, on the grounds that some people would require protection from it.

It's much better to adopt the German model of completely legal prostitution & concentrate efforts on stopping enforced prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    I think you'll find that their ethos stems from a concern about exploitation of weaker members of society.
    If you really believe in protecting weaker members of society from exploitation then you should encourage every nation to pass strict laws regarding who could have offspring. If the State is so good at all these things, why not that too since that is a source of massive exploitation worldwide.

I wonder how many people who are citizens of Norway come to Thailand and pay for sex? This law applies to all citizens of Norway "at home or abroad". Are we supposed to notify Interpol when we see a Norwegian "offing" someone in a bar, male or female? Or should we just call the Norwegian Embassy and insist they be arrested and prosecuted?

Should I call the Norwegian authorities and ask them how to go about helping them arrest these dangerous criminals who are exploiting weaker members of society here in Thailand? Maybe they have a 24 hour "hotline" to report this. I am going to pursue this and when I get details I will post them here so we can turn in all the Norsk miscreants. I certainly don't want to see Norwegian criminals go unpunished and running around loose in the streets of Thailand! It contravenes my ethos!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Annan
    Quote Originally Posted by 555
    I think you'll find that their ethos stems from a concern about exploitation of weaker members of society.
    I wonder how many people who are citizens of Norway come to Thailand and pay for sex? This law applies to all citizens of Norway "at home or abroad". Are we supposed to notify Interpol when we see a Norwegian "offing" someone in a bar, male or female? Or should we just call the Norwegian Embassy and insist they be arrested and prosecuted?
    Should I call the Norwegian authorities and ask them how to go about helping them arrest these dangerous criminals who are exploiting weaker members of society here in Thailand? Maybe they have a 24 hour "hotline" to report this. I am going to pursue this and when I get details I will post them here so we can turn in all the Norsk miscreants. I certainly don't want to see Norwegian criminals go unpunished and running around loose in the streets of Thailand! It contravenes my ethos!
    White desire--Unlike Norway, Sweden and Finland have both made prostitution illigal, but only in their own countries, and not for their citizens abroad.

555--I would really like to believe that "protecting the weaker members of society" is what Norway is really after. However, the reality is that when Sweden passed their law, a lot of the Nigerian and other African prostitutes moved from Sweden to Norway. A big part of the reason for this law is that Norway just does not want them on the streets anymore. Sort of a not in my neighborhood thing. They do want to help the Norweigan prostitutes to a better life, but history will show (I believe), that this law will only drive prostitution underground and make life harder for the people engaged in it. In other words, the prostitutes will be worst off, not better. All in all, a very bad law

Annan--This is your GOVERNMENT worker. After calling all my spy agencies and police groups, I determined that Norway does not plan to enforce the overseas part of this law unless it concerns prostitutes who are children. (See Link.) In the case of children the law will be enforced and the time in jail will go from 6 months to three years for such offences. So if you see any Norweigens picking up children, please----do call. I'll even loan you the 5 Baht. HEHEHE

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2B ... 20411.html

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"offing" doesn't automatically mean sex.
    they would have to cam your hotel room
    or find/interview them afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Khor tose
    However, the reality is that when Sweden passed their law, a lot of the Nigerian and other African prostitutes moved from Sweden to Norway. A big part of the reason for this law is that Norway just does not want them on the streets anymore. Sort of a not in my neighborhood thing.
    Khor tose, only a self-confessed American government worker such as you would have a mentality sufficiently diabolical to interpret NorwayтАЩs new law against paying for sex as a xenophobic reaction at best, and a racist one at worst primarily aimed at Nigerians and Africans, and to be selectively enforced at that.
    No doubt your insights into this are gleaned from your frequently touted expertise in psychology which, as more that one board member has speculated, you likely gained as a patient probably as an inmate of a psycho ward in a Seattle lunatic asylum.